Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Who Do We Land at the Deadline? Usual Suspects or Someone Out of Left Field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Damn. That’s basically getting him for free if you’re dumping Foegele’s deal in the trade.
It'd be pretty greasy if we put him on LTI for the rest of the year to rehab his hip. I kind of like the idea. That prospect is definitely Bourgault though.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Reactions: The Bored Man

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Saying Patrick Kane is horrible while defending JP in the same post is hilarious.

Or they love a player that had 90 points last season and is on the last year of his contract.

If you’re trying to win games, you don’t look at a $10M forward with worse on-ice results than Ryan McLeod.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Where are you getting that from? We know he wanted to go to New York, but we were in on him in the summer and it was rumoured Keith had him interested

It’s merely my own impression of his interview and that his family is there. Rumours are a dime a dozen.

We definitely CAN outbid them. The question is will we, and is it worth it? Imo, if you have to give up Bourgault and a couple 1sts, you still do it because we’re trying to win the cup and that makes us significantly better

LAs prospect pool is light years better than ours, their draft pick spot will probably be better than ours and they have no need for Arizona to retain which costs assets.

They can easily outbid us forcing us into an overpay.

Reactions: soothsayer

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
It'd be pretty greasy if we put him on LTI for the rest of the year to rehab his hip. I kind of like the idea. That prospect is definitely Bourgault though.

Perhaps I'm being blinded by the solar flare of Lavoie's hot streak, Tullio riding Lavoie's hot streak, and Petrov tearing the OHL up, but we got prospects on the starboard side that wouldn't make this horrible.

Damn. That’s basically getting him for free if you’re dumping Foegele’s deal in the trade.

Getting out of Foegele's deal next is tasty.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I honestly wonder if Foegele is a cap dump. Yes, a team has us over a barrel and so can treat him that way, but if they just want the deal to happen, absorbing Foegele is not a bad thing. He plays well. This is nothing like when we traded off Kassian, whose injuries made it hard for him to even play his game. With Foegele, he plays great but has stone hands. That's a good warm body for team to put in, and if there is no danger hitting the cap ceiling what is the loss?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Which spot does he take on the PP?

He hasn’t been good at 5v5 in a few seasons.
60 even strength points isn’t terrible. Im not saying to sign him long term. I’m saying depending on the price he would be a huge TDL rental. And yes better than McLeod.

Interesting point about the PP though. I wonder if they would end up trying to find a spot for him. He’s a fantastic passer.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
60 even strength points isn’t terrible. Im not saying to sign him long term. I’m saying depending on the price he would be a huge TDL rental. And yes better than McLeod.

Interesting point about the PP though. I wonder if they would end up trying to find a spot for him. He’s a fantastic passer.

I just don’t see the point in trading for a guy who has never been a good 5v5 player and who is having an absolutely disastrous season at 5v5 to only play him at 5v5.

They’d be crazy to break up the PP unit, so why not trade for guys who are strong 5v5 players?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It’s merely my own impression of his interview and that his family is there. Rumours are a dime a dozen.

LAs prospect pool is light years better than ours, their draft pick spot will probably be better than ours and they have no need for Arizona to retain which costs assets.

They can easily outbid us forcing us into an overpay.
It's rumored that they mostly want picks, and in this draft and next. If I were LA I'd be more worried about giving up 1st rounders than we would.

LA probably wants some protection to make sure they don't give up something too good, especially next season but maybe this season even. That's where we can gamble more imo, and just give the picks straight up. With the prospect pool, I still say that the asset LA would be willing to give up would probably be on par with Bourgault

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Are people seriously comparing P.Kane to McLeod?

His linemate is Athanasiou... That alone halves his production

I just don’t see the point in trading for a guy who has never been a good 5v5 player and who is having an absolutely disastrous season at 5v5 to only play him at 5v5.

They’d be crazy to break up the PP unit, so why not trade for guys who are strong 5v5 players?
McD, Drai, P.Kane, Barrie, Nuge

Drai in front of net and Kane at his usual spot.

As if P.Kane isn't a strong ES player..

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Are people seriously comparing P.Kane to McLeod?

His linemate is Athanasiou... That alone halves his production

McD, Drai, P.Kane, Barrie, Nuge

Drai in front of net and Kane at his usual spot.

As if P.Kane isn't a strong ES player..
Hyman has been huge as the net front.

You’re just giving up a 1st to spend $5M on making the team worse.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

He’s playing on a team tanking for Bedard. What do you expect?

Kane would be a force in our top 6. In my opinion it would be incredible to watch.

Reactions: Ibanez and LTIR

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Hyman has been huge as the net front.

You’re just giving up a 1st to spend $5M on making the team worse.
Drai can play net front instead of Hyman. Replacing Foegele/Ryan/Yama with P.Kane in top 6 would not be making this team worse...

If Hyman proves to be better then you just keep Kane off the top PP unit ala the other Kane.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Kane could run the 2nd PP unit. It should make our PP even more lethal. It'd also take some of the ES load off of Drai since he's clearly not 100%.

Biltmore

Next Year...
Oct 22, 2015
That and he'll want to get surgery again due to his factitious disorder you decided he has hey? Probably will happen....

giphy-15.gif
12 Monkeys?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
He’s playing on a team tanking for Bedard. What do you expect?

Kane would be a force in our top 6. In my opinion it would be incredible to watch.
They’re in that position because of how much Kane and Toews have fallen off a cliff.

Who does he play with? Puck carriers don’t work with McDavid. With Drai? That would be terrifying. You could throw Mark Stone on the other wing and they’d still probably lead the league in goals against.

There aren’t many guys who are a worse fit for this team than Kane.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I honestly wonder if Foegele is a cap dump. Yes, a team has us over a barrel and so can treat him that way, but if they just want the deal to happen, absorbing Foegele is not a bad thing. He plays well. This is nothing like when we traded off Kassian, whose injuries made it hard for him to even play his game. With Foegele, he plays great but has stone hands. That's a good warm body for team to put in, and if there is no danger hitting the cap ceiling what is the loss?
I was looking at the main trade board. Greenway is seen as a guy that could bring in a 3rd or late second. He has two more years left at $3M. He's 6'6" and 241 lbs. But as a a hockey player is he much better than Foegele? If Greenway and his baggage gets a 2nd or 3rd why would Foegele with one year left not be worth a late round pick rather than requiring a 2nd to move. I doubt the Oilers would get much if anything for him in a straight-up trade but I don;t see why they would have to pay much to shed his contract either especially in a bigger deal. Chicago, Anaheim and Arizona need to ice a team next year

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Drai can play net front instead of Hyman. Replacing Foegele/Ryan/Yama with P.Kane in top 6 would not be making this team worse...

If Hyman proves to be better then you just keep Kane off the top PP unit ala the other Kane.
So you want to take one of the most dangerous PP scorers of the last decade out of his spot and make him the net front guy? Really?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
So you want to take one of the most dangerous PP scorers of the last decade out of his spot and make him the net front guy? Really?
I'm sure the netfront guy doesn't need to just stand there. It is okay for players to move around. Drai has scored from net front and from the Sedins spot on PP before and can easily swap places with others for one timers.

Bottom line: there would be options..

Reactions: McDoused

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
They’re in that position because of how much Kane and Toews have fallen off a cliff.

Who does he play with? Puck carriers don’t work with McDavid. With Drai? That would be terrifying. You could throw Mark Stone on the other wing and they’d still probably lead the league in goals against.

There aren’t many guys who are a worse fit for this team than Kane.
Yeah not sure I completely agree with this. Look at their lineup.

The lack of credit you give to a player that was 15th in the league in points last year is kind of blowing my mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad