Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: "Whatever"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Varlamov has the Oilers on his NTC list. Yeah, whatever.

Holland was trying to get Holtby last month from Dallas but drug his feet. Now Dallas wants to keep him. Whatever.

The Oilers have five games left before the deadline and sit outside the playoffs. Will they buy or sell? I'm like "uunnnhh".

This is Ken Holland's state of whatever.

Reactions: ZJuice

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Varlamov has the Oilers on his NTC list. Yeah, whatever.

Holland was trying to get Holtby last month from Dallas but drug his feet. Now Dallas wants to keep him. Whatever.

The Oilers have five games left before the deadline and sit outside the playoffs. Will they buy or sell? I'm like "uunnnhh".

This is Ken Holland's state of whatever.

Dallas has a better shot at making the playoffs than we do right now.

I think we're less in the "trading for a starter" mode than we are "retain half on Koskinen and see if we can coax a pick out of someone" mode.

Koskinen at 50% to Washington? I dunno.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Dallas has a better shot at making the playoffs than we do right now.

I think we're less in the "trading for a starter" mode than we are "retain half on Koskinen and see if we can coax a pick out of someone" mode.

Koskinen at 50% to Washington? I dunno.
I suggested it yesterday, I could see the Preds being interested in Koskinen at 50% as an upgrade on Rittich.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Holland truly is the perfect GM for the Oilers... For a team whose management always thinks several steps behind the rest of the NHL.

Oil itself may be slowly going obsolete but the Oilers have been obsolete since the early 90s. Expect nothing to change as long as Katz keeps Bob the (Re)builder around. Even if Holland gets fired this spring, expect the wrong people to be brought in to humiliate this franchise even further.

Reactions: KlefDown

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Tidbits from Stauffer:

Threw more shade at management: “the team is incomplete”. He did throw in some excuses with injuries, bad special teams etc

Our friend Raab (I’m guessing the same as the erstwhile poster) texted the show saying that they needed to acquire a stud in Chychrun

Also threw in that teams are interested in Foegele as a third line winger. The brain trust here wants to throw the guy out because he can’t play in the top 6, I imagine we’ll get trash for him and watch him go back to being a good 3rd liner somewhere else

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
One refreshing thing about Holland is his mistakes are so blatant that even the Edmonton media take shots at him for it, lol.

Like Stauffer, Spector, Jones, etc. don't even try to make excuses for him.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
One refreshing thing about Holland is his mistakes are so blatant that even the Edmonton media take shots at him for it, lol.

Wow, that's honestly surprising. I'm Matty is still trying to push the blame along.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Tidbits from Stauffer:

Threw more shade at management: “the team is incomplete”. He did throw in some excuses with injuries, bad special teams etc

Our friend Raab (I’m guessing the same as the erstwhile poster) texted the show saying that they needed to acquire a stud in Chychrun

Also threw in that teams are interested in Foegele as a third line winger. The brain trust here wants to throw the guy out because he can’t play in the top 6, I imagine we’ll get trash for him and watch him go back to being a good 3rd liner somewhere else
I mean who's fault is that?

Archi, Khiara and Haas were 3 of our top 4 PK guys last year up front.
Larsson and Bear were a big part of the defense last year on PK.
Struds talked about it quite a bit leading into the season that he had concerns as it's not that easy to just change so many bodies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

Struds talked about it quite a bit leading into the season that he had concerns as it's not that easy to just change so many bodies.

The PK fell off in December and has been worse whenever Nuge is out.

None of those forwards are NHLers so I’d say it’s more the D as you also mentioned

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Holland's failure is his complete inability to recognize the type of players we lost.

All of them are hard nosed, physical grinding players that are hard to play against and can kill penalties. People with functioning brains saw right away that replacing Larsson, Kharia and Archibald with Ceci, Benson and Sceviour was going to leave a major hole in team toughness and physicality. Not Holland though.

I guarantee (in a year we were supposed to be competitive no less) that the conversation was had at some point, but the conclusion was probably along the lines of "Benny can get under people's skin in Bakersfield, let's give him time to figure that out up here!"

It is f***ing bizarre the way in which this team is now addicted to second, third, fourth chances on players that clearly aren't cutting it (Smith, Sceviour, Shore) or clearly aren't going to be NHL impact players (Benson). This stupid organization just swings back and fourth from one extreme of cutting a guy loose at the moment his play slips or he doesn't live up to expectations to the other of not moving on no matter how many times their incompetence gets thrown in your face.

Reactions: 94 Oil Drops

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I wonder if Holland has the balls to go after Damon Severson. There are rumours that NJ may move him
Severson is trash. Horrible , hideous. No

His defensive game makes Barrie look like Bourque.

Do you watch hockey bro ?

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

Oh no they do not, not until the horse is out of the barn door, and 100 miles down the road.

they praise praise praise and defend defend defend, only after it is 100% apparent to the village cat things are bad will they join the back of the bus.

To top it off they are always bashing blatantly or passive aggressively fans who suggest certain moves are poor weeks, months , years before they clue in. Then they act as if they knew all along. Our media for the most part are a bunch of lily livers, even guys I like and do not find irritating are like this.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Severson is trash. Horrible , hideous. No

His defensive game makes Barrie look like Bourque.

Do you watch hockey bro ?

Yes I do and his defensive game is better than Barries... Do you watch hockey? I also hope this post was a joke.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
I'm feeling defeated. We wasted McDavid's prime, there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Holland gets canned, maybe a new GM will find a way. Be it by trading McDavid or Draisaitl or both or by doing something different. Not high hopes because of the people making these decisions.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Holland's failure is his complete inability to recognize the type of players we lost.

All of them are hard nosed, physical grinding players that are hard to play against and can kill penalties. People with functioning brains saw right away that replacing Larsson, Kharia and Archibald with Ceci, Benson and Sceviour was going to leave a major hole in team toughness and physicality. Not Holland though.

I guarantee (in a year we were supposed to be competitive no less) that the conversation was had at some point, but the conclusion was probably along the lines of "Benny can get under people's skin in Bakersfield, let's give him time to figure that out up here!"

It is f***ing bizarre the way in which this team is now addicted to second, third, fourth chances on players that clearly aren't cutting it (Smith, Sceviour, Shore) or clearly aren't going to be NHL impact players (Benson). This stupid organization just swings back and fourth from one extreme of cutting a guy loose at the moment his play slips or he doesn't live up to expectations to the other of not moving on no matter how many times their incompetence gets thrown in your face.

Last year's team was a non-playoff team too when Smith was not playing, lets not forget that including a horrible 3-6 to start.

Smith saved their butts last year, but it wasn't going to repeat at that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad