Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | More Zzzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
New thread is up. Old one passed 1000

Some posts:

Might not be the solution people think he is.

even if he gets claimed, there will prolly be a goalie that needs to be put on waivers.

except for a few of them lol

throw a 7th rounder in 2019 at CBJ and get this guy

we need to address this now

How is McElhinney's corsi?

Maybe the Kings, I think the other two are fine in goal, they are just bad teams.

Yeah if you watched CBJ vs NYR, you saw why Curtis isn't known to be a good goalie.

I know we basically want anyone right now to replace the garbage dump that is Gustavsson and Curtis being free is a big deal, but let's be careful here - we don't need a good backup again until January 19 or so when the back-to-backs come up again and Curtis is one heck of a mediocre-to-awful option.

Maybe we should give Ellis a look? He's impressed me every time I've seen him.

Not like he's an 18 year old rookie, he'll be 23 in a week and a half from now.

We play
Jan 20 - Predators
Jan 21 - Flames

then 3 days off and then

Jan 25- Ducks
Jan 26 - Sharks

these are ridiculously important games to win and it's not that far away

We knew the back up situation was tenuous at best back at the start of November. The fact that Gus has now cost us two games is pretty damning on Chia.

Brossoit or Ellis should be up here right now.

Exactly. We seriously cannot waste away points, every point matters.

We've wasted enough points, if we want to reach our goal we have to be serious about not giving away points we should get. That's what makes last nights loss so frustrating, that's a game we should have won.

Yep totally agree.

January 19 like I said. We have 10 days to get a better backup than Jonas - I'm saying I'm not so sure that Curtis is a good option at all. What we know is that he's free.

Curtis generally is up and down - posted good numbers on a bad team two years ago but his career numbers are generally below average to bad and he's had a good start this year up until the game against NYR - do his numbers regress to his average once he gets here?

Peter screwed up on July 1 by signing Jonas and it's already cost us games - now he has to be smart about his replacement in a much shorter period of time.

If nothing good presents itself, Nick Ellis has been the hotter hand in Bakersfield and he'll get a two start audition on those back-to-backs.

Mcelhinny sounds like he could be another Brian Elliott.

The biggest warning flag for me is Columbus is #1 in the league this morning and they're waiving their backup goalie. It seems kind of odd to me, but I do not follow the CBJs one bit. Maybe they have an AHL goalie ready to jump up.

Mcelhinny is garbage and always has been, we are better served calling up one of our young guys to play if they are needed. if not just let talbot play the last 40. its not like he has significant wear on him, he could have played last night and made 17 saves for his 4th SO

No kidding. It's not like he was overworked the night before in Jersey. He saw what, 23 shots?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So the names on my list for acquirable back ups.

Pavelec and Berra.

Both are NHL 3rd string goalies, for various reasons. Both could be had for not much, imo.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Excellent. Slepy deserves a look up, he plays hard. Pulju needs minutes.

Gus needs to get the **** off the team. Good work.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Pouliot/Fayne for Halak please.

Halak and Talbot would be a good tandem. Halak has game left in him.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Just brutal asset management by the Oilers.

I don't know how the higher ups could let this happen.. Well I guess I do know.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Chia had no choice with Gus after McClellan basically indirectly called him out last night.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So I'm guessing Broissoit is on the plane with Slepyshev and will be officially recalled tomorrow for cap reasons?

I don't know about that, I think they'll wait until Gustavsson clears. Also, it could be a trade, Gus clears, then trade him to Winnipeg for Pavelec, Oilers recall Pavelec and Jets assign Gus.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
Chia had no choice with Gus after McClellan basically indirectly called him out last night.

It's clear the coach didn't trust him. You can't ask your team to score 5 goals everytime he's in net.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's clear the coach didn't trust him. You can't ask your team to score 5 goals everytime he's in net.

I think the entire room didn't trust him any more. Can't have that kind of mojo going in your locker room when (from all accounts) everyone else is well liked and close to each other.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I don't know about that, I think they'll wait until Gustavsson clears. Also, it could be a trade, Gus clears, then trade him to Winnipeg for Pavelec, Oilers recall Pavelec and Jets assign Gus.

Well that's what i'm wondering here.

If you put one goalie on waivers but don't call up another, i'm going to read between the lines that say that a trade is in the works.

However, sometimes these callups are manipulated to save a couple of bucks on the cap so i didn't want to discount that possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad