Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Time to Cut Bait on the Dead Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Too many duds here that are just failing miserably at their jobs. Start to strategically use the waiver wire, claim guys and waive guys that have shit the bed miserably. 1 by 1 improve the 4th line, make trades to improve elsewhere, target a real goalie that is not a year or two from retirement ffs. And oh yeah, time for a coaching change.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Bring in Chychrun. Send out whatever to make the cap work this year and figure out next year in the summer. Keep Holloway.

Broberg + Bourgault + 1st +

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Too many duds here that are just failing miserably at their jobs. Start to strategically use the waiver wire, claim guys and waive guys that have shit the bed miserably. 1 by 1 improve the 4th line, make trades to improve elsewhere, target a real goalie that is not a year or two from retirement ffs. And oh yeah, time for a coaching change.

Adam Brooks has bounced around a little bit but has 10 points in 27 NHL games mostly playing 10 minutes a night. I would have claimed him when he was available earlier.

Rem Pitlick is another great waiver claim this year.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Adam Brooks has bounced around a little bit but has 10 points in 27 NHL games mostly playing 10 minutes a night. I would have claimed him when he was available earlier.

Rem Pitlick is another great waiver claim this year.

Kyle Clifford does much of what Kassian does for a fraction of the price. He was also waived.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Chychrun should be a target but this is way too steep for me. Broberg and a 1st being involved I understand. But another 1st round pick? Crazy..
He's a bonafide #1 who is 23 and on a beauty contract for 4? Years. That's going to be well worth the price of prospects. If you can't sniff the WCF or finals before Drai's contract is up I don't think it really matters what picks or prospects we have.

The Safe Play

Jul 8, 2011
Chychrun is better then Nurse in my books as well. At the very minimum he is better defensively. If he's available you just make it happen. Finally have the assets to do it and you are running out of time in the McDavid and Draisaitl window.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
He's a bonafide #1 who is 23 and on a beauty contract for 4? Years. That's going to be well worth the price of prospects. If you can't sniff the WCF or finals before Drai's contract is up I don't think it really matters what picks or prospects we have.
He is not a guaranteed #1. Except for the stats he put up last year I would say he does not have the offence to be an elite #1 in the league. A good #2 maybe.

Reactions: nturn06

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He is not a guaranteed #1. Except for the stats he put up last year I would say he does not have the offence to be an elite #1 in the league. A good #2 maybe.
What’s so bad about that? You have to look at the team he’s playing on. Only Keller is real good. Kessel is just well fat :naughty:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
He’s fine. He’s already been in skates with the team

Skating does not mean that you are using your wrists. It just means that he is trying to get up to game speed. If we hear that he's using his wrists for shooting and passing then I'll be a lot less concerned. The last surgery didn't do the trick, will this one? I most certainly hope so.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
There probably shouldn't be a team more motivated and prepared to make The Big Move for acquiring Chychrun than the Oilers. I've speculated (based on no information) that he has or will ask for a trade. Guys like that don't become available otherwise.

Adding him and Crouse would instantly make us better and harder to play against. So the question is, who steps in and gets them while Holland is left holding the bag again? f*** it, make an overpay if you must. Guys like Chychrun aren't available very often.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

If Chychrun is on your 2nd pairing, then your left side is in excellent shape. A left side of Nurse, Chychrun, Keith would be very good. (And Nurse could finally get a rest from playing 26+ minutes every night.)

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Adding him and Crouse would instantly make us better and harder to play against. So the question is, who steps in and gets them while Holland is left holding the bag again? f*** it, make an overpay if you must. Guys like Chychrun aren't available very often.
I'm sort of easy one way or the other with regards to trading or keeping blue chips.

But I'm ready to see this team make a huge trade and I agree that Chychrun and Crouse would be yuge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad