Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | Kubalik, MA Fleury, Debrusk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
It sounds like Holland maybe at east kicking some tires. Kubalik or Debrusk would be good adds that can score some goals. One thing that I noticed with Kubalik is that he scores a lot of his goals 5 hole.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Depends on if you look at the 23 he scored as a rookie while shooting 20% or the 12 he's scored in the 85 games since.

It looked like in his rookie season he played with Kane and Toews a lot, who has he mostly played with since? Dach?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
@Paralyzer
@Tobias Kahun
@TopShelfGloveSide

It was in the post in the last thread where someone put the whole article in Google Translate.

I'd prefer Julien over Babcock if that's the type of coach they're looking for.
Yeah.

I'm gonna need a much better source than that google translate to believe that Holland is already looking for a new coach.

If it was out there that Holland was looking at coaches, we wouldnt be needing a translated article to tell us that.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Reactions: Dr Awesome

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah.

I'm gonna need a much better source than that google translate to believe that Holland is already looking for a new coach.

If it was out there that Holland was looking at coaches, we wouldnt be needing a translated article to tell us that.
I mean, that article is the basis for the Kubalik+Fleury talk, so if we're going to discuss one part of it, the other part of it is probably fair game too.

Reactions: ujju2 and McBooya42

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I mean, that article is the basis for the Kubalik+Fleury talk, so if we're going to discuss one part of it, the other part of it is probably fair game too.
I could see talking about Kubalik as he is Czech, but I doubt his agent of the czechia media has access to holland about what hes doing with his coaching.

Parts of the article can be true, while other parts are false.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I could see talking about Kubalik as he is Czech, but I doubt his agent of the czechia media has access to holland about what hes doing with his coaching.

Or he could just have other sources. None of it could be true, part of it can be true, or all of it could be true. There's no way of knowing. I don't think it's off limits for discussion though.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015

If it has anything to do with getting rid of Tippett then Cloned believes it and wishes with all his heart to be true.

Reactions: harpoon

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If it has anything to do with getting rid of Tippett then Cloned believes it and wishes with all his heart to be true.
I actually don't want it to be completely true because I'm not a fan of hiring Babcock. If Holland does that then I think that's a bigger mistake than not firing Tippett.

Tippett might be a thoroughly mediocre coach, but at least he won't alienate your star players by forcing them to make stupid lists and revealing those lists to the rest of the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: North

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So you believe a czech reporter has much better sources than anyone in north america?

Apparently the article is from one of the more official hockey news sites in that country. @Czechboy says it's more like the Czech equivalent of NHL.com than Eklund.

And I'm not sure why you're shooting the messenger here. It's not like I made the claim myself. I just posted my opinion on it.

Reactions: North

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Or he could just have other sources. None of it could be true, part of it can be true, or all of it could be true. There's no way of knowing. I don't think it's off limits for discussion though.

The 'article' is a recycle hashing of speculation originating from Hockey Writers website. It's just the internet doing internet things of taking something of dubious origins that spins out to the world via others and then circling back as perceived truth.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Apparently the article is from one of the more official hockey news sites in that country. @Czechboy says it's more like the Czech equivalent of NHL.com than Eklund.

And I'm not sure why you're shooting the messenger here. It's not like I made the claim myself. I just posted my opinion on it.

Sorry I can't see who you are arguing with. I think I'm missing something.

Here is the article

Kubalík k McDavidovi? Mezi Chicagem a Edmontonem prý zvoní telefony | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje

Google translates it relatively well. I'd say it is true that calls have been made but I'm not sure it means anything will happen... This site is more like tsn or NHL for them. Main site of national team and extraliga

I love kubalik but he wasn't on my shopping list as out top 6 is damn good and not sure we can afford him after this season. I do think he'd help us but d, 3c and goaltending are more pressing IMO. We already have JP and Hyman doing good to great. Holloway is skating again and was on ice today.

Now kubalik and Fleury coming over reminds me of Spacek, Samsonov and roloson in 2005. I think it'd be an instant fix to goaltending and, inadvertently, bottom 6. Kubalik takes rnh spot and rnh is 3C. McLeod or revived Ryan as 4c.

Reactions: spot

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The 'article' is a recycle hashing of speculation originating from Hockey Writers website. It's just the internet doing internet things of taking something of dubious origins that spins out to the world via others and then circling back as perceived truth.
Definitely possible.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Definitely possible.

The article itself cites Hockey Writers as the source. I have no idea of the credibility of this Czech hockey website but anything citing Hockey Writers website for a rumour source is just spreading speculation more likely than any legitimate trade rumour which, as yet, has escaped NHL reporters like McKenzie, Friedman, Seravalli (who is super quick to jump on his insight as he endeavours to build credibility and attract eyeballs to his new web venture).

It's all fun. And this version of internet spin cycle is largely harmless unlike real stuff that goes through this.

Reactions: Czechboy

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Sorry I can't see who you are arguing with. I think I'm missing something.

Here is the article

Kubalík k McDavidovi? Mezi Chicagem a Edmontonem prý zvoní telefony | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje

Google translates it relatively well. I'd say it is true that calls have been made but I'm not sure it means anything will happen... This site is more like tsn or NHL for them. Main site of national team and extraliga

I love kubalik but he wasn't on my shopping list as out top 6 is damn good and not sure we can afford him after this season. I do think he'd help us but d, 3c and goaltending are more pressing IMO. We already have JP and Hyman doing good to great. Holloway is skating again and was on ice today.

Now kubalik and Fleury coming over reminds me of Spacek, Samsonov and roloson in 2005. I think it'd be an instant fix to goaltending and, inadvertently, bottom 6. Kubalik takes rnh spot and rnh is 3C. McLeod or revived Ryan as 4c.

Definitely possible.

Fair enough. At least I’m glad from the standpoint that he hopefully isn’t thinking about hiring Babcock.

Reactions: Czechboy

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
The article itself cites Hockey Writers as the source. I have no idea of the credibility of this Czech hockey website but anything citing Hockey Writers website for a rumour source is just spreading speculation more likely than any legitimate trade rumour which, as yet, has escaped NHL reporters like McKenzie, Friedman, Seravalli (who is super quick to jump on his insight as he endeavours to build credibility and attract eyeballs to his new web venture).

It's all fun. And this version of internet spin cycle is largely harmless unlike real stuff that goes through this.
As I figured, just pure speculation.

Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think it's true he's contacted him. Terrifies me.

The coach the Oilers have now should terrify you, Babcock would likely be at worst a decent sized upgrade.

The fact that the team looked considerably better under Glen Gulutzan in several deficient areas should be setting off alarm bells. The fact that the current Oilers coach got outcoached by Colliton and Maurice in back to back seasons should also be setting off alarm bells.

Reactions: Ragdoll and Aerchon

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The coach the Oilers have now should terrify you, Babcock would likely be at worst a decent sized upgrade.

The fact that the team looked considerably better under Glen Gulutzan in several deficient areas should be setting off alarm bells. The fact that the current Oilers coach got outcoached by Colliton and Maurice in back to back seasons should also be setting off alarm bells.
I only see one option and it's woodcraft after Tipp is gone at end of season.

I like regular season tipp enough.. playoff tipp scares the shit out of me. Not as much as Smith and Koskinen being 1-2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad