Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | I'll Trade You My Pinto For Your Ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Boston is another team but I don’t think they offer Hall more than 6.5.
If he wants to win, Colorado and Boston make the most sense, followed by us and then some combination of Nashville, Calgary, Columbus and Montreal (out of the teams I've seen being linked to him). Vegas I guess could be a darkhorse but I see them landing Pietrangelo if he doesn't re-sign with St Louis.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Dallas is another team that would make sense for Hall. No state tax is probably appealling also.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
When I saw Domi sign that contract I was like ... well thats why Montreal threw in a third, because Anderson going to sign for like 3.5-4 mil. Then he signs for 5.5, more than Domi. I just cant wrap my head around that trade. I dont get it. I am not saying it will be bad, it might work out for Montreal. But theres no logic to it.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
I think Hall goes for about 8.5 million x 3 to Nashville or Montreal.

Columbus will throw a shitload of money at him and I’d love to see Torts completely melt down in frustration coaching him but he’s not going to CBus.
If Hall goes to a team with no superstar, he is going to have the same troubles he had in NJ and ARI. He would thrive in an environment where he is #2 or #3. Way less pressure. That is why he would fit so good here if he was willing to take a smaller contract.

COL/BOS/Even Dallas would be good for him. Here would be nice. CGY he would blend in, but I don't see them as any sort of contender.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Dallas is another team that would make sense for Hall. No state tax is probably appealling also.
Hintz, Faksa, and Gurianov to resign and 13M in cap space. Further Heiskinen comes up next offseason.

Not sure they could make it work longer term.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I think Hall goes for about 8.5 million x 3 to Nashville or Montreal.

Columbus will throw a shitload of money at him and I’d love to see Torts completely melt down in frustration coaching him but he’s not going to CBus.

I don't see Hall signing in another dumpster like Montreal again

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think you're right sir and I do think that Markstrom is going to prove to be too rich for the Oil. Some other cheaper options out there. How about Corey Crawford? I say use that Markstrom money for a winger to play with McDavid, so that Nuge can move back with Draisatl and Yoko.

Not sure on Crawford. All kinds of health problems the last few years. He had a pretty good regular season though. I thought he was pretty bad in the playoffs though. I think hes an upgrade on Smith. I'd rather have him than Markstrom for 7 years though. Yikes.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Apologies if I came off condescending.

The buyout has value this year. We will see how it goes during free agency this year and if value bargains will be had. If so- the buyout would have been a missed window- if contracts are handed out like Montreal just have- then better hanging on to him.

The reality is is that we can only speculate what the GMs know from talking to eachother (who will and won't be qualified, players they're looking to move on from or add and for how much, etc). Honestly I like Neal (and don't hate Lucic really) but I'd like them to buy him out and try to take advantage of the market. I think Holland feels that the 'juice won't be worth the squeeze' with the quality of player they'll get at $3.8 million (vs the 6 years of cap penalty as well).

Also really wonder if Holland is hoping that Neal will play well enough to entice Seattle. Seems like a long shot but who knows? I'd rather he gets rid of the whole cap hit even if it means waiting another year.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Nobody would ever give AA a $5M+ contract but I digress.

As I said before, the term is the worst part of the contract. The AAV is high but a 2 year deal is a much easier pill to swallow.
The Domi contract isn't great but he had over 70 points last year, the number wasn't going to be lower than 5. His contract makes a lot more sense.

That's what I mean, AA's value is relatively higher because his contract demands should be more reasonable.

North

Jun 25, 2009
When I saw Domi sign that contract I was like ... well thats why Montreal threw in a third, because Anderson going to sign for like 3.5-4 mil. Then he signs for 5.5, more than Domi. I just cant wrap my head around that trade. I dont get it. I am not saying it will be bad, it might work out for Montreal. But theres no logic to it.

Some Montreal fans pointed out Bergevin ponies up for guys who play a heavy game but when it comes to the skill guys he tends to be much more unwilling to pay up.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
Do you think we could pry out Tatar or Danault from MTL for cheap? They would make a fantastic McDavid wing or 3C.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Apologies if I came off condescending.

The buyout has value this year. We will see how it goes during free agency this year and if value bargains will be had. If so- the buyout would have been a missed window- if contracts are handed out like Montreal just have- then better hanging on to him.

I get what you're saying and I agree somewhat. I hate buyouts personally but I think theres a lot of good UFA's out there and I think theres likely some good deals to be made.

But saying that, we dont really know how the market is for Edmonton. Whos willing to sign here? How much are they going to cost? We see it all the time in this market, players dont really want to come here unless we are over paying. No point having money for UFA signings if theres no one to sign on reasonable deals. Hopefully Holland has already figured how much cap space is needed to do the things he wants and a Neal buyout isnt necessary to make it work.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
You are an old schooler on this board so you’re due a bit of respect, but I’m STILL gonna say... this universe! Covid crunch? I could be wrong: luckily we will find out soon. Perhaps a wager is in order?

The fact is I think a lot of GM’s are starting to see him as more of a Marc-Andre Bergeron OR a Justin Schultz than a John Carlson. He has counting numbers but he’s mostly minuses. Can he defend? Hell, even his counting numbers are on the decline. There’s only so much money to go around. It is hard to imagine him getting less than Jake Gardiner, and yet.... COVID crunch could squeeze his earnings past that point.

Dude, look at the Petry deal and come back to this.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Trade Domi by all means if they want to go in a different direction. But why offer Josh Anderson a shit ton of money, there is absolutely no reason to be that foolish.

McVirginOil

Jun 30, 2014
So many options in FA, why pay assets for guys you’d have to overpay to get?
Because you’re going to overpay anyway in FA, you always overpay in FA. Building all of our important blocks via UFA is a recipe for disaster, you need to fleece a GM or two. Especially when Bergevin is putting Danault on the block for some toughness.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Petry is arguably a top 30 defenseman in the league. Barrie is nowhere close.

Also, Petry was re-signed by Bergevin. Nuff said. ;)

One bad year in Toronto erases this guy’s entire career? Seriously?

FTR, Petry has been a plus player exactly twice in his NHL career, if we’re regarding that stat as viable.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Do you think we could pry out Tatar or Danault from MTL for cheap? They would make a fantastic McDavid wing or 3C.

I would happily trade for Tatar if the Habs end up with Hall. That feels like a bad use of cap on their part given how cheap Tatar is versus results, but even if it cost us a 2021 1st I would not be against it. He's got zero injury history and could score 30+ and 60+ points for under $5 million.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I guess you have trouble reading. I’ll make it super clear for you. I was incorrect on the term. My point still remains. Do you understand now? I can break it down further if you would like.

Yeah got it. In the future just get your facts right instead of spewing bullshit to try and support your argument. Then you won’t have to suffer getting called out about being wrong and getting offended by it.

As for Neal, without his 19 goals in the first half of the season the Oilers are likely battling for a wildcard spot instead of the division lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad