Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread | I'll Trade You My Pinto For Your Ferrari

Status
Not open for further replies.

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
Maybe this is a dumb question. Can a team (read : oilers) go over the cap tomorrow and then worry about getting cap compliant before the season starts? Or at no time can you be over? Obviously that may not be the smartest idea because teams can bend you over if they know you are in trouble. But just was curious.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Maybe this is a dumb question. Can a team (read : oilers) go over the cap tomorrow and then worry about getting cap compliant before the season starts? Or at no time can you be over? Obviously that may not be the smartest idea because teams can bend you over if they know you are in trouble. But just was curious.

You’re allowed a ten percent cushion in the off-season but have to be compliant first day of the season.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
You can be 10% over.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Yes in a normal offseason teams can go 10% over the cap.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
no time to bicker with someone. I’m channel surfing and trying to catch up on rumours for Oilers
That rumour can’t be true that Patches from Vegas was almost traded to Edmonton draft day for Nurse and 14th
"Rumour".

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
I don't know why people think this has any likelihood. Chiasson is horrible / overpaid. Russel is mediocre / overpaid. Why would there be a market for them in a flat cap world?
If the rumour of owners calling asking about the cap floor penalty is true, Russell is going to have value since his actual salary is so low compared to his cap.

Chiasson is just a dream

Reactions: TheNumber4

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I feel like teams are giving the Devils freebies and they still suck. Murray for a 5th rounder is a steal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad