Rumor: Hawks in 2025 Winter Classic

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Am I the only one who cares more about the venue than the teams involved? If it’s Chicago again as long as it’s not Wrigley again…

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is Guarented rate field no good somehow? They’ve already done Wrigley and Solider Field, the latter a stadium series game. Against the Penguins.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Prepare to be disappointed.
They did Fenway twice, I guess it only makes sense. I might be biased but Fenway worked really well because it's such a small park. In general I feel like small baseball stadiums work far better than huge football stadiums. Too much dead space around the rink.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
The league clearly wants it to be the marquee game of the season with the best ratings so it makes sense from that perspective. Again the NHL needs to either move the WC from NYD or try to make a switch between networks since with the expanded CFP there's an opening in the early timeslot on ABC starting 2025.
Get rid of Stadium Series, and move WC from NYD. That's what I would do.

Kirk Van Houten

May 7, 2019
Get rid of Stadium Series, and move WC from NYD. That's what I would do.
It would give back to the WC the factor of being the only game outside of a regular arena but I'm sure that the networks won't like that unless you make two games instead of game maybe but it feels like a lot.

Reactions: Reaser

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
It would give back to the WC the factor of being the only game outside of a regular arena but I'm sure that the networks won't like that unless you make two games instead of game maybe but it feels like a lot.

I feel like the WC is for the TV audience, but the Stadium Series is just for the local fans. There's something to be said for having a game every decade where you can double the attendance AND increase ticket prices because of the novelty of it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad