RUMOR: Deal possibly done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodZillaAteMyZamboni

Jan 18, 2003
Visit site
KOVALEV10 said:
Well recently, he was right about the last two proposals being rejected (the one with the 24 % and the other one which I cant remember as my mind is so messed up at this hour and because of the bad news). He's also been right about the 94 lockout, that they will make a deal and play around 45-50 games and he was right. (they played 48 I believe). And some other situations as well..
No offense at all intented here, but I have zero connections and I knew 2 seconds after reading each new proposal that they'd be rejected. To be right about something everyone knew doesn't lend a great deal of credibility.

I'm not trying to trash the guy, just stating an opinion.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Steve L said:
The mods have, thats all that counts.

I wanna see Bobby Mac wearing a hfboards TShirt, then I will believe....wait maybe I don't wanna see him in a TShirt :D :joker:

Malakian#13

Mar 7, 2003
Seattle
Visit site
I could get banned pretty soon ... not really but it's hard to type a post withought throwing some F bombs & S**t

and yeah that's bob mckenzie and kovalev has a nephew that obviously has some kind of connection to the nhl ... HF is #1. :)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
spacelobster said:
you guys can grill me tomorrow if there is no announcement, but in all honesty, after what ive seen and heard, i think the lockout will be over tomorrow.

I wish I could agree with the rest of you so I wouldnt get ripped on, but I can't. I don't care if you believe me or not, I know bob has a totally different view, and he is a way more credible source than I am, but getting information firsthand is much more convincing than second hand info, and thats why I believe I am right.

sorry for stirring up all of this, that was not my intention, I am just so exited that I had to tell you.

I hope you're right but you have to understand my doubt in anything that is posted on the internet and not by any major media outlet.

But since they are meeting again Friday, I do remember cautiously optimisitc.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Tuggy said:
Well OK then...I haven't seen any proof

The HF staff have essentially had to confirm it is Bob MacKenzie every time he posts because posters never believe it. The site has a policy that your username can not be a current hockey personality unless you are indeed that hockey personality.

In terms of the rumour. Unless the PA blinked we aren't going to see a season...I'm with Bob on that. Not that my opinion means anything but when management is trying to pull a fast one over the union the management ends up caving pretty early and you hear dissenting voices (as in '94). That isn't happening this time round and while some owners are much more fanatical about linkage than others they all seem to want it to some degree or another.

Could the PA blink? certainly and based on the Peca and ROenick comments they may be doing just that. But is it too little too late? Yeah I think it is. If they were at all close why wouldn't they have ordered pizza, worked through the night and got it done. They broke off after a mere 8 hours. To me that says they are still quite far apart OR that the last 3 weeks really did hammer out many of the differences. Only one person is reporting the latter (Eklund) and I use the term "reporting" loosely in that case.

Last edited:

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
KOVALEV10 said:
Ok the season being saved is so unlikely at this point, man it hurts :cry: But before I go to bed right now, everyone promise me that you will pray for there will be an nhl season this year and that the deal will be done tommorow, and if by miracle thats what happens then lets all have a nice cold beer tommorow.
You know if your wrong, the patrons at the HFBoards will totally go Bully-on-fat-kid on you

Wheres your lunch money, porky?

chiavsfan

Since everyone on here seems to know someone who is "in the know" I will tell you my (COUGH**made up**COUGH) story. In reality last year in January I got a chance to skate with the Avalanche at a practice, since my uncle's son played football with Tony Granato's kid.

(Now for the made up part)

It was then that I struck up a very good friendship with Joe Sakic's former equipment managers son. He called me late last night and said that he heard through Joe Sakic's best friends, sister, husbands cousin....8 times removed. That the 2 sides met too long for there to be a cancellation today.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
eSabre said:
http://www.sabresinsider.com/

This may not be an acceptable source, but can anyone in the Tampa Bay area confirm?
Considering I was asked to run that site at one point with no refrences, I'm going to go out on a limb and say no, it's not credible.

But does that mean the rumor is not true? Don't know.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:
Yes and no. No question the media gets used at times but usually you know when you're getting used. If you don't you usually find out after the fact and then you store it away for future reference. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

It seems pretty obvious to me that TSN is used by both sides to propagate information in the masses. Healy is clearly the filter for the NHLPA, Burke is used by the league to express their opinion.

missK

Aug 1, 2002
Lightning country
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
What the? Is there confirmation that Taylor said these words? Or is it more ''Eklund'' spiel?

Quoted in Tampa Tribune

With the midnight oil apparently burning brightly, Lightning player representative Tim Taylor believes it could lead to a deal being reached, similar to the situation during the lockout 10 years ago, which ended after nearly 24 hours of negotiations.

``I went out and did a school visit and I just had a feeling that today was going to be a go, that we were going to get back on the ice,'' Taylor said. ``I find it puzzling that they would be meeting all night and not come out with something. I think this is it, that they will come out with a deal.''

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
As far as rumors, sources go:

The NHL and PA are tight lipped on this. Hence, I dont believe a word of what's being said and you shouldnt either. As far as the thread goes, the only "sources" that are correct are the Tim Taylor comment saying he was optimistic, and Bob Mckenzie. Bob simply made an assessment in his own opinion and doesnt offer any super kew insider info on the lockout.

Face it people, there's no such thing as inside info during heated negotiations. If there are 8 people locked in a room right now, likelihood is that nobody will squeal.

Vic Rattlehead*

Tuggy said:
Well OK then...I haven't seen any proof

You don't need any proof. HF staff confirmed it. Is it that tough to understand, or is there a brick wall in your head? :joker:

krandor

Jan 28, 2005
Right now any news reports are as much opinion as fact since there is little fact. I was listening to 790thezone in Atlanta this morning (and of course Atlanta is not known for good talk radio) and their "news" this morning on the lockout basically went like this :

"The soon to be defunct NHL had labor negotiations yesturday for 9 hours. No progress was made. They are meeting again today. They're gonna fold."

Just wait until something official comes out. The time for PR and fighting this in the media is over for both sides so no more media reports until there is something to report.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
"The soon to be defunct NHL had labor negotiations yesturday for 9 hours. No progress was made. They are meeting again today. They're gonna fold."

which translate to "no one told us anything about what's going on so we're going to make crap up"

krandor

Jan 28, 2005
Levitate said:
which translate to "no one told us anything about what's going on so we're going to make crap up"

Pretty much. just tack on "and we don't really care about hockey anyway" to the end of the translation.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
spacelobster said:
you guys can grill me tomorrow if there is no announcement, but in all honesty, after what ive seen and heard, i think the lockout will be over tomorrow.

I wish I could agree with the rest of you so I wouldnt get ripped on, but I can't. I don't care if you believe me or not, I know bob has a totally different view, and he is a way more credible source than I am, but getting information firsthand is much more convincing than second hand info, and thats why I believe I am right.

sorry for stirring up all of this, that was not my intention, I am just so exited that I had to tell you.

Firsthand eh. So, you must know Saskin, Daley, Betteman, or Goodenow? Nobody is saying anything, only a few very select people know where we are in this process and I am sure that they didn't pick the phone up and call you to inform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad