Proposal: Rumor and Proposal Thread: Mod warning 793

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
If I'm not mistaken, the Rangers gave Montoya a full NMC; no way he waives it for Edmonton.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Montoya is too rich for the Oilers. He will forever be a Rangers player all life and after life. He has a LTC (Lifetime Clause).

rescx.jpg

duul

Jun 21, 2010
We are one good winger away from having a near perfect forward core IMO.

Hall-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
???-Lander-Draisaitl
Hendricks-Letestu-Korpikoski

I don't think Chiarelli keeps Purcell on this team. He goes against everything this team is supposed to be. If we can package Purcell, a prospect, and a nice pick for a good skilled grinder, I would be elated.

A few players I'd love on that line: Hartnell, Ladd, Tatar

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
And they talk about the two headed dragon we have or Vancouver has... Montoya and Lundqvist, I mean, a Vezina nominated goalie buried behind maybe the best goalie in Rangers history, Henrik has it tough

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005

Hall-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
???-Lander-Draisaitl

I don't think Chiarelli keeps Purcell on this team. He goes against everything this team is supposed to be. If we can package Purcell, a prospect, and a nice pick for a good skilled grinder, I would be elated.

Ladd would be amazing, but don't see Winnipeg trading their captain unless it's an overpayment.

I agree with you on the lineup though, and knowing chiarelli's old Boston teams, I'm sure he agrees.

I've wanted to see Tyler Pitlick grab that spot for years now. Sadly, don't see that happening at this point.

King from LA would be a nice pickup for that spot, but I don't see Sutter parting with him.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country

Hall-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
???-Lander-Draisaitl

I don't think Chia will add any significant salary to the forward group. If I had to guess, I think Sleppy might be penciled in to take over the role as soon as he is ready. He'll start in the AHL, and we'll get whatever we can out of Purcell before letting him go via free agency.

I'm more interested to see what happens on the D. Assuming Reinhart and Nurse are ready next year, it gives us:

Sekera-Fayne
Klef-Schultz
Ference-Reinhart
Nurse

Ference I think will be brought out. Not too much dead cap to hurt us, and doesn't go into the time frame when we need to sign McDavid to a long term deal.

The question becomes is that D good enough to compete for the playoffs and have a deep run? We know Klef, Nurse and Reinhart are the core D long term. IF Schultz performs this season (40-50 points), I'd imagine you have to sign him too. I wonder if Chia would look to upgrade on Fayne. Try really push into the playoffs.

Jetlaggedoil

Nov 12, 2014

Hall-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
???-Lander-Draisaitl

Ladd isn't a third line winger and will make to much for that position, he'd play above pouliot. Would be a great addition though. Brings everything the oil lack. Skilled, puts up first line numbers, tough, great leader, willing to bang, plays in the dirty areas. Would imagine he'd cost a lot to trade for though.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
This is purely hypothetical...

Having a debate with a fellow Ontarian Oilers fan (not easy to find)

In the event that Edmonton trolls the NHL again and wins the 2016 draft lottery, do you trade the pick for a #1 D, or draft Matthews and trade Nuge.

Argument for Keeping RNH: More experienced, you know what you have with him, and he has growing chemistry with the core of the team. Plus if Matthews is still as hyped then as he is now, the return for him may be greater.

Argument for Keeping Matthews: McDavid, Matthews, Draisaitl while young, has the same makeup of the young trio of centers that won a cup in Pittsburgh. Matthews makes the team bigger down the middle too.

CaptainSexyPants

Sep 27, 2012

In the event that Edmonton trolls the NHL again and wins the 2016 draft lottery, do you trade the pick for a #1 D, or draft Matthews and trade Nuge.

Argument for Keeping RNH: More experienced, you know what you have with him, and he has growing chemistry with the core of the team. Plus if Matthews is still as hyped then as he is now, the return for him may be greater.

Argument for Keeping Matthews: McDavid, Matthews, Draisaitl while young, has the same makeup of the young trio of centers that won a cup in Pittsburgh. Matthews makes the team bigger down the middle too.

I'd say keep Nuge. The known-value both on ice and off, great contract, and the fact his age fits us better...those all mean more than size to me.
But then IMO size is so overrated in elite players. Yeah, it matters, but the way some people talk it's like a team of 3 Datsyuk's down the middle would be a bad thing because "they're all the same type"...well that's hooey.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014

What about reaching at 1 and just taking Chyrchun (or however it's spelled)? He looks damn good so far. If not, I'd say probably trade the pick in a package to get a #1D if we can. We have no talented veterans, so in a perfect world, we're keeping all of the first wave of 'kids' so that they can become our talented veterans for the next wave of prospects we bring in. The problem, as always, is who is even available?

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

The ultimate trolling of the NHL will be when that draft pick is 30th overall at the end of season ;)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If we finish in a position to select 1st overall again, it means the core of Hall-RNH-Eberle is a failure.

So in that case I would trade away RNH and probably consider trading Hall too. Completely rebuild around a different core.

Won't happen though. We're not getting Mathews and if the NHL has any sense they'll rig that draft for Arizona, lol.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

Hall-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
MATTHEWS-Lander-Draisaitl

2 problems solved :D

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If we finish in a position to select 1st overall again, it means the core of Hall-RNH-Eberle is a failure.

So in that case I would trade away RNH and probably consider trading Hall too. Completely rebuild around a different core.

Won't happen though. We're not getting Mathews and if the NHL has any sense they'll rig that draft for Arizona, lol.

BOS and LA were in a position to select 1st overall last season despite getting 95 and 96 points.

SJ and CBJ had 89 pts last year and picked 8th and 9th overall.
89 points for Oilers IMO would be a win .. Get into bottom 10 and let the lotto balls handle the rest. :D

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

or trade number 1 for an nhl ready D man--Is there an Ekblad in the next draft?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I can't fathom who would want purcell.

But I'd rather see pitlick or pakarinen in his spot. Slepy should have it by next year.

I guess no real harm him in keeping him here for depth and veteran presence.
At the very worst we lose Pitlick on waivers.. whoop D doo..

Baby Nilsson

Apr 20, 2006
Victoria

Hall-McDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle
???-Lander-Draisaitl

For a second I thought you nicknamed Lander and Yak , Ladd and Tatar .. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad