Proposal: Rumor and Proposal Thread: Mod warning 793

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Schultz at 4.5 if he looks solid and learns to play defense for 2-4 years would be fine.

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
No thank you. Buff is the perfect candidate for a regrettable long term contract. 6 mill for 6 years and he falls off and gets fat after 2. He isn't young either.

Byfuglien is already fat, but fair point. As long as they don't sign Schultz long-term I'll be happy. Although, I don't see that happening anyways with Chiarelli here.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
we should all be cheering for San Jose to fall apart this season. That way a player like Burns might suddenly be available.

I know I'm hoping for it and I think it's a real possibility. Unproven goalie in Jones, new HC in Deboer who I don't think is a very good coach. Marleau/Thornton a year older. Another year missing the playoffs and they might decide to sell some pieces off.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Keeping my fingers crossed that the Oilers can toss Purcell (@50%) and a 4th to the Yotes for a 5th.

Just kind of make some space.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
I wonder if there will be any worth while waiver wire pick ups for the Oiler's this year. Maybe a Purcell and Klinkhammer replacement?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Byfuglien is already fat, but fair point. As long as they don't sign Schultz long-term I'll be happy. Although, I don't see that happening anyways with Chiarelli here.

From all the reports Byfuglien has come into the camp in top shape. Contract year is probably a big factor but declaring him fat isnt really being fair .
Also, if we can give a 6 yrx 5.5M deal to Sekera .. why fear 6x6 to a real difference maker like Byfuglien

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I wonder if there will be any worth while waiver wire pick ups for the Oiler's this year. Maybe a Purcell and Klinkhammer replacement?

Think Oscar Lindberg on the Rags will have to pass waivers if they want to assign him.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I'm probably the only Klinkhammer supporter left. I think he's underrated in terms of what he brings... he's physical, can stay healthy.. is decent defensively and he has better hands than people think. He obviously not elite offensively... but in a 4th line role... he's fine.

He's a proven NHL vet and you know exactly what you're getting when he's in the lineup. I'd definitely have him on the 23 man roster because he's a solid utility forward... but yes I can see him being waived and possibly picked up by another club.

Oilers have Pitlick/Pakarinen who play a somewhat similar role as well... so losing Klinkhammer wouldn't be terrible... but again I think he's a solid depth player and obviously with how soft the entire lineup is already, losing a proven physical player isn't really something positive.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
From all the reports Byfuglien has come into the camp in top shape. Contract year is probably a big factor but declaring him fat isnt really being fair .
Also, if we can give a 6 yrx 5.5M deal to Sekera .. why fear 6x6 to a real difference maker like Byfuglien

I have no issue with a $6M x 6 deal for Buff, though I doubt he'd sign that in Edmonton. But he will be 37 at the end of that deal to Sekera's 34. Given Buff's typically carrying a lot of weight it is a serious question as to how he will be at the end of that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad