Ruggeri vs. Picard

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanM

May 2, 2002
Sydney
Both are great players but i'd give Ruggeri an edge right now. Both players seem similar(good with the puck, log a lot of minutes, run a pp, very good in own end) and have all the tools you look for in a defenceman. I get to watch Picard a lot more since he plays for Cape Breton and I feel he's inconsistant at times and that keeps him from being a top blueliners in this league. It's especially noticeable when a guy like Tim Ramholt is out there and is flawless. But Picard is still only in his 18yo season so he has another full year on Ruggeri.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
That's the thing with Picard... he's played amongst stellar defenses in all three of his years, which seem to make his "few" mistakes stand out more than they would on, say, this year's Mooseheads team or last year's Eagles team.

One of my big sticking points on him is his relative unwillingness to use his size. He's got plenty of size on him, but just doesn't use it. Things may have changed this year (as I've only seen the Eagles once), but I saw him throw more hits in his first five games of his 16-year-old season than in the rest of his stint in Halifax.

One of the better ones in the last several years that I've seen in keeping the puck in the offensive zone, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad