OT: Rsu?

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
Uhh cause you took it way out of context? Are you purposely doing this?

Full context:

R.S.U. Etiquette: (which means what they want members of the GROUP to do, not all sens fans)

NEVER start a fight with a fellow Sens fan. If you’re at SBP, expect people to be rowdy. Don’t start arguments with someone over being loud, standing up, waving a flag, etc. It’s called supporting your team. If you wanted to watch the game in silence, we suggest watching it at home.

So when you read that, it's about respecting others even if they are being loud or obnoxious. Nice try though. While I'm at it I'll post the rest of the post about showing others respect:

Treat SBP staff with respect: They may not understand our enthusiasm at time but they still deserve our respect. If a member of SBP staff is getting in your face about your passion, don’t yell, don’t make a scene… Be mature, be professional and ask to speak to her/his supervisor.

Drinking: Everyone enjoys a few beers at the game but have respect for your fellow RSU members and other fans around you. Please drink responsibly.

The game isn’t over until it’s over! Leaving with 2 minutes left is a slap in the face of the players on the ice who lay everything on the line for a full 60 minutes. A 2 minute head start will only get you home 2 minutes faster!

I honestly don't care about everyones views on this topic, just hate when people try to spread misinformation lol

Read the above, they are telling their fellow RSU members not to complain if others are cheering on their team. Easy to make that mistake though, as you only had one sentence of the whole paragraph highlighted.

The blooded part is really poorly written, and I completely disagree with how you've comprehended that paragraph. The first sentence pertains to the RSU. The next sentences clearly are targeted at non-RSU members, who might complain about this group's actions. I highly doubt they're asking RSU members to be reserved and quiet. That paragraph is antagonizing, condescending, and disrespectful and in no way about "etiquette". If it was, it would say something like:

"Always cheer for the team both in victory and defeat. Be respectful of those around, avoiding the use of profanity, especially around young children, and confrontation with fellow Sens fans and those fans from the opposing team. Encourage others to join the chants and cheer for the team, but no one is obligated to follow your lead. Be loud, be proud, wave a flag, but be respectful of those around you."

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

laco.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad