OT: Rsu?

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
After the debacle that was the Spezza rally, they might as well put it to bed.

The Sens have some great fans but maybe not as interested in this type of thing.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
After the debacle that was the Spezza rally, they might as well put it to bed.

The Sens have some great fans but maybe not as interested in this type of thing.

I don't think many fanbases would be interested in doing a rally for a player on a cold day on a long weekend

I really like the thought and at least this time they got Do it for Daron to participate

One day they'll get the hang of organizing events and it could be pretty nice

Mr_Squeaks

Poor Impulse Control
Jul 2, 2006
Ottawa
Organizing is one thing - getting the people of Ottawa up off their butts once in awhile is the greater challenge.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Organizing is one thing - getting the people of Ottawa up off their butts once in awhile is the greater challenge.

I don't think that's the problem. You didn't see the crowds for Race Weekend? Go out and see the crowds for Ride for Dad next weekend, Bluesfest, Folkfest, Ribfest etc..

Getting people out isn't the problem, they just see the Spezza thing as pointless, whether there was 20 or 20,000 people in that Spezza rally, doesn't make a lick of a difference to what actually happens to him this summer. I wasn't going to go and all the power to the people that did, but it's not because people of Ottawa don't go out..

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
RSU is undergoing some structural changes at the moment. I've been critical of some of their stuff in the past (most recently the Spezza rally,) but it looks like they're finally going about things the right way. I think this year will be a good one for them.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
nothing against this guys, but now they wanna charge 40$ to become a member lol.
they seem to be working directly with the Sens, so not sure about the perks in the future, but yeah.... as i appreciate their "effort" to turn CTC into something louder, i could go to a game for less than that.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
so far is the scarf and a membership card.... i could buy the scarf for 20$.
its whatever the Sens offer if they are indeed working together that might be interesting in the future, but right now RSU is doing it wrong.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I was contemplating joining a few years ago. Cost $20 and you get a scarf that was pretty cool. Discounts on sitting in section 316 I think it is.

Some of the antics of a few members turned me off to the idea.
Starting **** with other fans. Saying chants with curse words (I bring my kid to some games)
I know that is only a few members, but there should be guidelines on how to behave.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I'm not a real fan because whenever I watch my favorite hockey team play, I'm so stressed and nervous, I have to sit and watch the game intently instead of standing up yelling and cheering for the entire game.

-RSU

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
The utter distain that some of you guys have for this group is amusing. They really are just about trying to get this fan base and SBP rockin, and bringing a good time and being proud of the team. Most of these guys are actually very nice people, at games and away from them. (For the record I'm not a 'member').

I just feel bad for the (many) members of RSU that are now unwillingly affiliated with the Spezza Rally debacle. Hence why most of the members didn't show up to their own event.

I know my next comment may be met with hostility, I must say that complaining about chants that have curse words in them is, to me, comical. God forbid you expose your children to such terror. However, I must accept that the demographics of this city is responsible for this. 'Government town', and lots of families (especially where the arena is located) that make up our fanbase. The Gameday experience has become a definite all-ages event, so I must accept that Qward's line of thinking is likely the majority.

Imagine bringing your kid to a Philly game. Oh dear heavens.

hqdefault.jpg

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Dont start **** with other fans, come on let them get comfy in our rink this isnt ottawa, let Toronto and Montreal fans cheer for their team in peace in Ottawa.

Honestly i will do anything in my power that does not involve physical violence to keep away fans out, its embarrasing sometimes seeing the numbers they get in our rink, and that is the only reason I like the RSU.

John Holmes*

Once they changed their name they were finished.

Real Sens Army = cool. A fan group trying to get the crowd going is fine. I can deal with that.

Kowtowing to the team and changing the name and essentially becoming a guerilla marketing arm (under the control of) the Sens organization just puts me off.

Might as well just call yourselves the Boosters.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012

Real Sens Army = cool. A fan group trying to get the crowd going is fine. I can deal with that.

Kowtowing to the team and changing the name and essentially becoming a guerilla marketing arm (under the control of) the Sens organization just puts me off.

I don't understand your line of thinking. People complained that Real Sens Army was elitist, so they changed their name to appease those who felt like the RSA was condescending towards their own fanbase. If anything I would think you'd have issue with the RSA name over RSU. I like RSU way more.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I don't understand your line of thinking. People complained that Real Sens Army was elitist, so they changed their name to appease those who felt like the RSA was condescending towards their own fanbase. If anything I would think you'd have issue with the RSA name over RSU. I like RSU way more.
Read my post.

They are still ridiculously condescending towards their own fanbase.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

I don't know if i am allowed to disclose this or not, if not ill get it taken down. The RSU and the Sens have an agreement where the RSU will get to rename section 319 (the name is still being voted on) and members get really affordable tickets for a good fraction of the season, if this means turning into a "marketing arm" for the sens so be it. Another benefit of having the section means we can actually cheer for the team as loud as we want without having to deal with people telling us to quiet down. ( Ottawa.... sigh)

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I am fine with "Heatley sucks! Heatley sucks!"

I am not cool with "F you Heatley!"

If you want to go to a place where that is cool, go to a sports bar. I don't take my 5 year old to pg13 movies. I do not want to have to explain to him what some of those words mean.

You want these kids to grow up to be Sens fans, then you have to respect the parents wishes. They come off as unintelligent when saying stuff like that.

I am pretty sure it was a RSU member that yelled "Pick Wade Belak!" during the All-star vote. Way to keep it classy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad