GDT: RR • Jan. 3 • Slovakia 5, Latvia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Come on, there's still time, we deserve at least a point in this game..

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Tambijevs under pressure...

Latvians are now foolishly thought they had time out, but he chose already cashed after the third goal. The referee immediately cast them out on the ice. (14:14:44)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rog8ou-ZepE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
0 points after 5 games. I like Germany's chances much better.

Germany's only game that was even CLOSE was the Slovak game...the Latvians played the Slovaks tight as well...honestly I would bank on Latvia winning, but it'll be a solid game...wish there would be a stream...

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Germany's only game that was even CLOSE was the Slovak game...the Latvians played the Slovaks tight as well...honestly I would bank on Latvia winning, but it'll be a solid game...wish there would be a stream...
The Czech live-ticker is all I wish for. :)

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Match against germans would be even on paper if not for one thing-They dont have the secret weapon we have the great master mind,best tactitian and best coach on this green earth -Tambijevs.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Phew, saved again... this mentality issues in Slovak hockey should be adressed...

I think the boys did OK. Maybe even a bit better than that. In a group with Russia, Canada, and USA, 3 easy losses were expected. Instead, this team took a point from Russia and lead Canada past the halfway point of the game. As Slovak fans we expect that they beat the two weakest teams in the tournament, and they did so.

It should be pointed out that they accomplished this missing 66 percent of their drafted players. Gernat would have made a huge difference on defence, and Tvrdon would have been a first line winger with Mikus and Dano.

Anyhow I am pleased and look forward to next year with Dano returning and an influx of 1995 help.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I think the boys did OK. Maybe even a bit better than that. In a group with Russia, Canada, and USA, 3 easy losses were expected. Instead, this team took a point from Russia and lead Canada past the halfway point of the game. As Slovak fans we expect that they beat the two weakest teams in the tournament, and they did so.

It should be pointed out that they accomplished this missing 66 percent of their drafted players. Gernat would have made a huge difference on defence, and Tvrdon would have been a first line winger with Mikus and Dano.

Anyhow I am pleased and look forward to next year with Dano returning and an influx of 1995 help.

I was not talking just about this team, but in general.

The overall result is good, all things considered. Especially when you think that in new format it would mean a QF berth. No complain there or the games against Russia/Canada and I won´t even complain about the US game. Unless we have a goalie of Janus´ or Hudáček´s qualities, we´re most likely getting at least one blow out from the top 4 teams every year.

However, at the same time they did beat Germany and Latvia, they beat both just barely and by the sound of it they were very very lucky to walk away with 3 points today.

What I meant is that I would appreciate if they would walk into every game trying to give their best in every game and try not to make ever single freaking game where they are at least somewhat of a favorite into a performance worthy of the "drama of the year" Emmy award.

As for the injuries, it´s true, but then again everyone had their injuries/missing players and who might know what could have been had Girgensons played in today´s game, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad