WWE: Royal Rumble Weekend - World's Collide and RR

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Hoping the Rumble impresses. I watched NWA and tried to watch World's Collide last night.

The 4-way NXT cruiserweight championship match was one of the worst matches I've seen in quite some time. I turned the event off after that. Not to say the match was so bad that I gave up on the event, but it was also 2am and I was tired and watched wrestling all day and night. One particularly bad spot was the non-sensical doomsday device into reverse hurricanrana. I was most unimpressed with Travis Banks. Looked like his first time in a ring.
Alternatively I really like Ilja Dragunov and think he has loads of potential.

I'm hoping for a fun watch tonight if nothing else.

NWA was good. Looking forward to seeing where it goes this week. Hard to believe that one of wrestling's premier winning streaks has come to an end.

I picked through the NXT ppv. Balor vs Dragunov was a good match. Dragunov is promising and uses a style that is pretty unique at this point. Balor is what he is at this point, and it's not great but he's adequate. I hope to see Dragunov get a nice push into a more prominent role over the next year. As noted above the cruiserweight match was pretty bad. It may not have stood out on some shows but NXT is usually pretty solid in ring. The tag match was solid but too spotty for me. DIY has done better. The main event match was quite good and they went the right way. Imperium's evil EU presentation works very well for me. I like Undisputed Era far better as a unit than any of the individual members, so this match was ideal. Right team won too.

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I need a good show to pick me up. Keith Lee or Bobby Lashey for the win lets gooooooooooooooooo

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Royal Rumble winner preference for the men:

Lesnar
Samoa Joe
Kevin Owens
McIntyre
Styles
Ziggler
R Truth
Mystery Wrestler #1
Mystery Wrestler #2
Mystery Wrestler #3
Langston
Morrison
Nakamura
Murphy
Rusev
Dozovic
Samson
Rowan
Lashley
Ricochet
Tucker Knight
Miz
Corbin
Rollins
Strowman
Black
Reigns
Mysterio
Kingston
Orton

Too many women unannounced. I'd rather Asuka than anyone else but oh well.

Reactions: Kaner9

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I predict that Lesnar goes the distance only to be eliminated by Cena at #30 to set up Lesnar vs Cena at Mania. That's my best guess.

Failing that, I'll say Styles.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My DREAM for the Men's rumble...

#1 Lesnar
#2..... CENA. They eliminate one another before #3 comes out.

#3 Elias singing about how nobody can stop him.
#4... YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME.

**Remember - no spoilers in this thread. Insta ban**

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Putting Jarrett in with Elias is almost impossible to top in terms of Elias spots. That was great.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
This crowd did not care about Andrade vs Carillo. Weird seeing impressive, athletic luchadore spots to dead silence.

Reactions: Kaner9

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
When Corbin and Reigns face off there are no losers. We all win for having witnessed it.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
When Corbin and Reigns face off there are no losers. We all win for having witnessed it.

I cannot believe how much Vince makes me hate the Roman Reigns character. It has not evolved at all. He is a likable guy and his character is just meant to be miserable.

This match suuuuucks.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I cannot believe how much Vince makes me hate the Roman Reigns character. It has not evolved at all. He is a likable guy and his character is just meant to be miserable.

This match suuuuucks.

I don't think he's a main event talent or anything but the guy is a competent wrestler. Not a fan of his personality from what I've seen and I don't think he'd ever be a great talker. All that said, you can practically feel the desperation coming from Vince when it comes to Reigns and it just kills him. No one likes having something forced on them. I think that Vince's ego got too big and where he would have dropped the push once upon a time (Luger for instance) he now just tries again and again. Putting Reigns with Corbin doesn't really help either, other than ensuring he isn't the least popular in the match.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad