GDT: Royal Rumble 2022

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
When Sasha went out I was sure it was a botch. It was just so random. I don't even mind that much if they want Zelina to eliminate her, but at least build it up to be a big spot, not just so random.

On the men's side - I thought it was horrible how they eliminated Big E. I'm not even a fan of his - but he was the champ very recently and one of the biggest favorites here - again, if you want to eliminate him at that time okay, but at least make it something worthwhile that protects him.

Finally - I thought Lesnar in the rumble was a bit of a missed opportunity. Lesnar in the rumble is fun because of the level of destruction he can unleash - yet we didn't really see that. Would have been more fun to see him have to clear the ring of many more wrestlers. Hell - maybe even show a backstage segment where he has to decimate like 10 24/7 guys to steal the last rumble spot from one of them.

I didn't mind the winners, very happy Rousey won, and even think Lesnar was probably best option for men's rumble considering.

I hope they end up doing Becky vs Ronda and aren't dumb enough to pass on it again, but we'll see.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
With Sasha coming out #1, I thought she'd at least get to the final 3 or 4.

I was just telling my girlfriend that it's wise to stagger good wrestlers and ring generals throughout the rumble...and then Banks was tossed almost immediately. I thought for sure they'd leave her in there until you get a chance to do a final 4 staredown

Reactions: Megahab

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was just telling my girlfriend that it's wise to stagger good wrestlers and ring generals throughout the rumble...and then Banks was tossed almost immediately. I thought for sure they'd leave her in there until you get a chance to do a final 4 staredown
They rehearse that whole match so that’s far less important.

Both times Sasha has been in the rumble she was #1.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They rehearse that whole match so that’s far less important.

Both times Sasha has been in the rumble she was #1.

Shit happens though. I would assume they always want somebody in there that can carry the torch if needed.

I believe that they rehearse the bigger spots and the action that involves current/future feuds, but 90 percent of the Rumble seems like filler to me. It's mostly people standing around looking at each other, confused as to what they should be doing...just waiting out their 1 cue for the night. At least that's how the women's rumble was the other night. I had a hard time paying attention to the men's cuz the show was so bad I tuned out by then, but the men's could've been equally bad.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Shit happens though. I would assume they always want somebody in there that can carry the torch if needed.

I believe that they rehearse the bigger spots and the action that involves current/future feuds, but 90 percent of the Rumble seems like filler to me. It's mostly people standing around looking at each other, confused as to what they should be doing...just waiting out their 1 cue for the night. At least that's how the women's rumble was the other night. I had a hard time paying attention to the men's cuz the show was so bad I tuned out by then, but the men's could've been equally bad.
I think the men do that, but the women they rehearse the whole match. Alicia Fox got hurt doing it once. They actually had other "legends" on hand in case they decided to use them (Aksana and Jillian Hall among them. Io Shirai was there too.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto

She also had the special sailor moon or whatever ring gear. I don't know how much freedom wrestlers get with their gear but it made me think she was going to have a big night.

She should really be getting Charlotte's spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad