Pre-Game Talk: ROUND THREE | GAME SIX| Tuesday | 8:00 p.m. EST |

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Bang on!!

THis is joke, game 6 of the ECF and the same ol excuses. Look at all these "fans" selling their tickets for 50% of face value rather than go to the game, after 1 horrid game.

The majority of the fan base doesnt deserve a championship....

Really? Why would anyone lose that much money? And is this a huge problem or just a handful of fans?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So I assume you are both going to game 6 right?

Obviously, duh, like who wouldn't. Have you not been watching all year? All playoffs? Even if we do get blown out, they deserve my respect for the great ride. WE weren't supposed to make the playoffs. We did. No one picked us to beat the Bruins. We did. No one picked us to beat the Rangers. We did.

So now I'm supposed to bail???

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah we've managed to keep an NHL team in a small market city with an arena built on what was farmland in the middle of nowhere for 25 years. Only a lousy fanbase would be able to accomplish that.

Acknowledging the handicap of having to sell considerably more single game tickets than other Canadian franchise to a considerably smaller population than the teams who our tickets are considered "reasonably priced" compared to us pathetic and embaressing. My bad.

What handicap? Is it you can only buy them at the gate or something? So easy to buy tickets, WTF are you talking about? There is over a million people around here. Effin Buffalo is small market, not us. Ou can cling to that, but in Canada, 1 million is more than enough.

You are sensitive now? Just wait until tomorrow night. The hockey world is going to laugh us out of relevance

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Are you guys forgetting what kind of market we have? Guarantee a few thousand walkups will happen tomorrow.

The fans will show up. The question is.....will the team?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Are you guys forgetting what kind of market we have? Guarantee a few thousand walkups will happen tomorrow.

That was said in game 1 of round 2 and they were short almost 2000 seats. Walk ups should barely happen in the playoffs

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012

Everyone said this about the NYR game....but not one walked up.

This is not selling out. First off the only tickets being bought right now are discounted resale tickets that were already sold. The buyers would need to accumulate all of the tickets before even getting to the THOUSANDS still available from the SENS.

Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
We have had NHL hockey for 25 years, please spare the lecture about the marketplace and population and blah blah blah. It is pathetic and embarrassing, but not as much as your posts trying to condone what can only be seen as lousy fanbase.

More of this "pathetic" fanbase has ponied up over the years and actually attends games than any large market. I know a lot of rabid fans in Montreal and Toronto that have never attended a single game in person. Ottawa is different, as a % of the population there is lot higher participation in attending games than the big cities.

I get tired of the easy shots at a fan base that relies more on the everyday person than any other team in the league. The Government is the major employer and does not buy tickets, employees can lose their job for accepting tickets, both are huge drivers of corporate ticket sales in other cities. Ottawa is a different market and people have trade offs and limited funds. When my kids got into skiing the number of games we went to went down because the funds are limited and the cost for 4 tickets adds up quick.

Tickets are priced to squeeze every buck they can, fair enough, and they sell a heck of a lot of tickets. A lot of people can get to one game but not multiple. Sorry if the economics offend people but they are there.

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012
More of this "pathetic" fanbase has ponied up over the years and actually attends games than any large market. I know a lot of rabid fans in Montreal and Toronto that have never attended a single game in person. Ottawa is different, as a % of the population there is lot higher participation in attending games than the big cities.

I get tired of the easy shots at a fan base that relies more on the everyday person than any other team in the league. The Government is the major employer and does not buy tickets, employees can lose their job for accepting tickets, both are huge drivers of corporate ticket sales in other cities. Ottawa is a different market and people have trade offs and limited funds. When my kids got into skiing the number of games we went to went down because the funds are limited and the cost for 4 tickets adds up quick.

Tickets are priced to squeeze every buck they can, fair enough, and they sell a heck of a lot of tickets. A lot of people can get to one game but not multiple. Sorry if the economics offend people but they are there.

So game 6 of the ECF should have empty seats? And if our economics are so bad, why should an owner stay here?

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Not to mention the discussion is insanely boring compared to ya know, actually talking about hockey. Melnyk is making more than enough bank off of what the attendance will be, the only thing that bugs me if we don't potentially sell out is that it somewhat lets Roenick off the hook.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007

You mentioned it being bad advertisement. I refuted your opinion, in stating if its advertisement--its great. Not bad. I supported this, with my opinion, on what would make it good. I.E The fact that there isn't a team in the league that could be embarrassed that badly, and not give it their best shot at saving face/avenging the defeat.

The reality of the matter, hence my post--is a hockey loss in the playoffs, is meaningless as long as its not an elimination game.

Playoffs are about those who rebound from adversity. That's how legends are born. Nobody remembers

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012
Not to mention the discussion is insanely boring compared to ya know, actually talking about hockey.

Well after tomorrow the empty seats will be the last words spoken on this amazing playoff run in the rest of the hockey world.

Bur rock on, bring in White

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

I don't blame people with families one bit. I am more frustrated at the people who call, email, text into the station or post on here who say "it's better to enjoy the game at home on my wide screen TV than in the arena" or complain about traffic being a deterrent. Those are just lame excuses IMHO. I'd understand if it was during winter VS an unattractive team (tickets for those games are laughable cheap btw) but this is the playoffs. This is the time of year all FANS should be excited to see and be apart of. This specific stage of the game rarely comes, when it does why not throw all those ****** excuses out (since you've saved all that money from not going because of traffic etc) and support the team you watch.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Exactly. A market like Toronto that has a huge population, there will be 4-5 people waiting to buy your tickets when you no longer have the finances to attend a game. In Ottawa, we don't have that luxury. Not to mention, many of the 'regular joes' who buy tickets in Ottawa, are the same types of 'regular joes' who only go to a game in Montreal or Toronto when they get a freebie ticket.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Bang on!!

THis is joke, game 6 of the ECF and the same ol excuses. Look at all these "fans" selling their tickets for 50% of face value rather than go to the game, after 1 horrid game.

The majority of the fan base doesnt deserve a championship....

That is NOT what is happening.

Those are season ticket holders who bought their extras at a steep discount and are selling them for a profit. They are still able to undercut the Sens retail prices and make a profit.

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012
That is NOT what is happening.

Those are season ticket holders who bought their extras at a steep discount and are selling them for a profit. They are still able to undercut the Sens retail prices and make a profit.

Extras dont come at discount..they are selling their tickets

alfierulestheworld

Apr 19, 2012
Exactly. A market like Toronto that has a huge population, there will be 4-5 people waiting to buy your tickets when you no longer have the finances to attend a game. In Ottawa, we don't have that luxury. Not to mention, many of the 'regular joes' who buy tickets in Ottawa, are the same types of 'regular joes' who only go to a game in Montreal or Toronto when they get a freebie ticket.

Then they should move....if Ottawa cant sell out the ECF we dont deserve a team

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
What handicap? Is it you can only buy them at the gate or something? So easy to buy tickets, WTF are you talking about? There is over a million people around here. Effin Buffalo is small market, not us. Ou can cling to that, but in Canada, 1 million is more than enough.

You are sensitive now? Just wait until tomorrow night. The hockey world is going to laugh us out of relevance

Ottawa is the 3rd smallest market in the NHL. The handicap is the government being our biggest employer. Less corporations buying tickets because they aren't here or they have no one to give tickets to because government employees can't accept them.

Not to mention the handicap of being sandwiched between the two biggest hockey markets in the world, with the two most loyal fanbases in the world.

I know a lot of people who trash our fanbase, were born in Ottawa, and their kids who are also born here are being raised as Habs or Leafs fans.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005

Lots of walk ups for a CFL game but its not so easy to walk up in Kanata.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad