Round Robin predicitons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
For just Canada.
In the Canada/USA game I say 6-2. USA will play Canada hard but that defense is atrocious I think. USA just doesnt have any new guys to represent them anymore. And Robert Exche is going to be peppered.

Canada/Russia should be 6-3. If Khabibulin or Nabakov were there I'd say 5-4 or something but that goaltending is weak.

Canada/Slovakia I'll say 5-1. Enough snipers on the Slovaks to ruin a shutout.

The best game might very well be a Canada/Sweden game in the playoffs. Sweden is always solid and I think on paper is 2nd to Canada. Although you can never underestimate a Canada/USA or Canada/Russia match if the stakes are high.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Big Phil said:
For just Canada.
In the Canada/USA game I say 6-2. USA will play Canada hard but that defense is atrocious I think. USA just doesnt have any new guys to represent them anymore. And Robert Exche is going to be peppered.

Canada/Russia should be 6-3. If Khabibulin or Nabakov were there I'd say 5-4 or something but that goaltending is weak.

The best game might very well be a Canada/Sweden game in the playoffs. Sweden is always solid and I think on paper is 2nd to Canada. Although you can never underestimate a Canada/USA or Canada/Russia match if the stakes are high.

The U.S. defense is "atrocious you think"? Anything to base that on except blind homerism? No new guys? Who cares? This is a two week tournament. Veterans will be important. Save the "new guys" for the 2006 Olympics.

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
The U.S. defense is "atrocious you think"? Anything to base that on except blind homerism? No new guys? Who cares? This is a two week tournament. Veterans will be important. Save the "new guys" for the 2006 Olympics.

If anything he's giving too much credit to the US. No way that their aging corps of forwards will put up 2 goals.

6-0 is more likely.

LOL ;)

The Rage

Big Phil said:
For just Canada.

Canada might have one big win, but no way three. Hell, we only beat Germany 2-1 last time. I'm optimistic about us winning the tournament, but I think it's impossible for any team to steamroll the competition.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Here are my predictions :

Canada 3 - USA 1

Canada 3 - Svk 2 - ( I think Slovakia could beat us. )

Canada 5 - Russ 1

Will be at the 1st 2 games, 3 weeks and counting !!!!!!!! :banana:

palsoft

Apr 11, 2004
Bratislava
www.hockey-live.sk
Big Phil said:
For just Canada.

These informations are little bit easy-minded i think, even after that controversial Canada's win at this years World Championships. Slovaks are well energised and wants to shoot a revenge. But, who knows.. The rosters are completly other on both sides. :shakehead

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
colonel_korn said:
If anything he's giving too much credit to the US. No way that their aging corps of forwards will put up 2 goals.

6-0 is more likely.

LOL ;)

Oh, you mean Brett Hull? Give it a rest troll.

colonel_korn

Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?
Nov 30, 2002
St John's, NL
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Oh, you mean Brett Hull? Give it a rest troll.

Brett Hull isn't an aging forward? :dunno:

In retrospect 6-0 might be too kind, after all in the Gold Medal game Team Canada managed 5 goals against Mike Richter, who was a far better goalie than Esche, Conklin or Dipietro. 8 or 9-0 might be more realistic.

LOL again

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
colonel_korn said:
Brett Hull isn't an aging forward? :dunno:

In retrospect 6-0 might be too kind, after all in the Gold Medal game Team Canada managed 5 goals against Mike Richter, who was a far better goalie than Esche, Conklin or Dipietro. 8 or 9-0 might be more realistic.

LOL again

Esche is not as bad as you think ! Canada will beat the USA, just not as lop sided as you think! Go Canada !

DatsyukOwnzU

Jun 18, 2003
Visit site
Big Phil said:
For just Canada.

Canada/USA = 0-1

Canada/Russia = 2-3

Canada/Slovakia = 5-0

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Dumb question but can a prelim game end in a tie?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I'll predict the swedish games

Sweden - Germany : 4 - 2
Sweden - Czech Republic : 1 - 3
Sweden - Finland : 0 - 4

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
DatsyukOwnzU said:
Canada/USA = 0-1

I can only assume that this one is a joke. USA is going to shutout Canada? There isnt a forward on Team USA that is as good as Sakic, Thornton, Iginla, Lemieux and Heatley. USA has the same team up front basically as they did in '96. And Canada has three lines that will be as good as any in the tourny.

Hard to believe Robert Esche is going to shut out a team that has the league MVP on most likely the third line.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Big Phil said:
For just Canada.

LOL I think your going to be dissapointed. Its not out of the question that Canada could win all the games but at a combined score of 17-6 no way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad