Prospect Info: Round 3, Pick 95: Denver Barkey, C, London (OHL) ELC signed 3/3/24

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Think that is a really nice pick.

Was one of my best ~5 BPA left on board. Thought he had 2nd round talent.

Think he can end up a 2nd line guy if keeps developing.

Plays at a high tempo, good passer, great at creating space for himself, nice mobility.

Guess he plays wing at higher level. A bit of Zuccarello to his game.
sounds like if he stays C he'll be a low end 2C, high end 3C, but if moved to wing he has top 6 potential.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Love this pick, both namewise and player wise. It's been a while since this was needed, but as Hhead of the Nickname Comittee, he is being dubbed Step by Step. If you know, you know.

Exhibit A why you are allowed nowhere near nicknaming anyone or anything.

sounds like if he stays C he'll be a low end 2C, high end 3C, but if moved to wing he has top 6 potential.

We just got rid of a barky f***er who was mistakenly characterized that way.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think Barkey may end up being a tweener. Not quite toolsy enough to play at the top of the lineup and too smol to play in the bottom for certain coaches, but this is a fine gamble at the end of the top 100. Smart, good passer, and good defensively.

He's going to end up playing 30 minutes a night for London and flirting with 100 points within the next two years. That doesn't make him a better prospect but it helps to inflate value. :laugh:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Let it be known that I reacted sad emoji to this
We've got two great 90s nicknames in this draft. Baby Bonk in the first, and Step by Step with this pick. This added to Team Pup 'n' Suds in 2019. These are good times to be a Flyers fan despite what the naysayers want you to believe. Yes we lost Provolone and The Neck is on his way out but we've clearly got the depth to overcome these losses.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
He's just so freakin' small, 5'9 155 at the combine (so real measurements!).

Another projection pick, doesn't have to get to 190, but can't imagine him playing in the NHL lighter than 175-180, you have to have elite quickness and agility to play smaller than that.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
He's just so freakin' small, 5'9 155 at the combine (so real measurements!).

Another projection pick, doesn't have to get to 190, but can't imagine him playing in the NHL lighter than 175-180, you have to have elite quickness and agility to play smaller than that.

That really isn’t even that small. When he matures he’ll be ~175. You see a ton of players have successful and long careers within that range.

What is it about your obsession with size?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad