Marlies GDT: Round 3, Game 2: Marlies at Hershey Bears TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
That was a frustrating loss, but we actually played pretty well and we're only down 2-0. That's not insurmountable by any means. We have a very good team. Time to regroup and win game 3. The series will look very different at that point.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
The Marlies need to wake the heck up.

Offense/Defense both haven't been nearly good enough. You get that many shots on net, you better score more than 2 goals. Defense wasn't much better. A lot of horrible handling of the puck within their own end and giveaways.

Outside of Carrick no one on that blueline is challenging for a roster spot next year. Nylander and company might be back in the AHL as well if this is their best performance.

Not going to make this a long series if they can't do better.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
We pretty much dominated. Didn't convert and didn't get the big saves.

Much better than game 1 at least.

LoneWolf

Dec 11, 2015
I don't think the Marlies have the defense or goaltending to win a calder cup this year, it's looking like they may even get swept in this round, oh well.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Dear Lou: get goalies.
sincerely. Daisy.

and truly regardless of what people want to say about Bibeau and Sparks. they're decent enough but we don't need decent enough. we need exceptional.

i will also point out. that i think we had a 2 game to 0 lead over the Griffins? and they reverse swept us last year (or the year before). i'm sure the Marlies will be okay.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
That was disappointing!! They're going to have to take all three games at home

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Don't know what this franchise is going to do about goaltending. Have to hope Bernier bounces back, or we make a trade, though I'm weary about acquiring a young netminder from the West again.

Defense I'm less concerned about, not that I'm not at all. Rielly and Gardiner are both top 4 defensemen, with Rielly being top pairing possibly as soon as next year. Zaitsev is flying under the radar with the rest of our young prospects and players hogging the spotlight. He should be a top 4 defender as well.

What we're missing is another minute-eating, top pairing caliber defender, someone to help carry the load with Rielly. None of the Marlies tonight and throughout the playoffs have that kind of potential. Not to mention Marincin, Harrington, or Corrado weren't playing, and all looked good over the the season with the Leafs.

It hasn't been a good showing over the last little while, but this is a young team at the end of the day. Valuable experience regardless of the outcome.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
A few of the players need to be reminded not to stand still when making or receiving a pass.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
That was a frustrating loss, but we actually played pretty well and we're only down 2-0. That's not insurmountable by any means. We have a very good team. Time to regroup and win game 3. The series will look very different at that point.

Marlies now need to win 4 of the next 5 against the Hersey kisses and that won't leave much room for error.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
I'm not gonna blame Sparks for that loss. Guys really didn't look good on defense at any point. Sure he could've stopped a couple, but he also had some huge saves with no support and had to also play with long stretches of no action.

Just didn't play good enough to win IMO.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
No excuses, but the AHL is frigging dumb and backasswards. A team works hard to get home ice advantage, and they start 2 on the road. Pretty much handicaps them now.

4 of the next 5 is hard for any team.

Last edited:

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
these marlies defensemen are pretty good offensive dmen, but we have a poor group of defensive defensemen for sure

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I'm not gonna blame Sparks for that loss. Guys really didn't look good on defense at any point. Sure he could've stopped a couple, but he also had some huge saves with no support and had to also play with long stretches of no action.

Just didn't play good enough to win IMO.

I'm with you there.

Defense is crap.

Once they get out of their zone they're okay, but poor decisions and poor execution in their own zone.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
This is an important experience for the marlies. The regular season was kind of a breeze for them so now they are learnig how tough the playoffs are. Even if they lose, they will learn a lot from this and at the end of the day thats what we want.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
No excuses, but the AHL is frigging dumb and backasswards. A team works hard to get home ice advantage, and they start 2 on the road. Pretty much handicaps them now.

4 of the next 5 is hard for any team.

Broke ass organizations that can't travel pro styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad