Prospect Info: Round 3, 87th overall: Egor Zavragin, G, Mamonty Yugry (MHL)

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
He might be, but this is no indication of it. Goalies are usually 3+ years away from the NHL, wouldn't help us much now.
I agree, no reason to suspect Hart is gone because they drafted 2 goalies. Unless... one of them is an 18 year old version of peak Vasilevsky (which I guarantee they're not)

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Didn't they take multiple goalies in rounds 2-3 one year when Hexy was here? One was Sandstrom, the other guy I don't remember and don't feel like looking up but it was some guy that didn't pan out

They took Sandstrom and Tomek

Anthony Cirelli and Adin Hill went right after Sandstrom.

Nicolas Roy went 6 picks after Tomek.

Or you could just trade a pick for a goalie when you need one

Right? We just watched Adin Hill and Darcy Kuemper win the last 2 Cups.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
We've drafted some good goalie talents in recent years. Maybe we have good goalie scouts. I'm not a fan of drafting many goalies either though. Their trade value usually isn't great because not all of them can play at the same time.
makes me wonder about their development once the Flyers get them.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Goalies have fine trade value, key is to get them a year or two as a backup where they can advertise their skill to the league.
The goalie is the most important player on the ice, so whenever you can draft "value", it's BPA.
Now drafting goalies is boring, until you have to start a bad one b/c you have no decent prospects in your pipeline.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad