Prospect Info: Round 3, 78th Overall - Alexei Kolosov (G) - Minsk (KHL) -- 6'1", 187 pounds

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
The KHL giveth and the KHL taketh.

I love it. Keep the young goalies coming through Allentown.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder how amenable they will be to loan him back.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Ustimenko never dominated the KHL, at the moment of the signing with the Flyers he was playing pretty much only in the MHL, not to mention that injuries hit him rather badly.

I stand corrected. I most have conflated Ustimenko and Fedotov when it comes to the KHL. That said, Kirill was still very highly regarded when he came over.

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
Very long and interesting update here

Bill seems to be padding his story with outlier theories "There are some who seem to believe that it'd an easy matter to break his contract with SKA." I have yet to read anyone saying that or any conversation about breaking his contract. All I have seen are people saying to negotiate an earlier release. I think there were some tongue-in-cheek comments about tunnels and being smuggled out in Fedotov's suitcase.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Alright, so I honestly don't know what the f*** is going on with our Russian Goalies at this point....The Fedotov stuff has been changing every day...so are we at the point of assuming he is not coming over and he's a wasted prospect at this point?

Sounds like Kolosov is playing on loan in the khl with his ELC signed now? He's coming over next year?

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
Alright, so I honestly don't know what the f*** is going on with our Russian Goalies at this point....The Fedotov stuff has been changing every day...so are we at the point of assuming he is not coming over and he's a wasted prospect at this point?

Sounds like Kolosov is playing on loan in the khl with his ELC signed now? He's coming over next year?
Fedotov is gone and by the time he is done he will be an older goalie 29-30, maybe if he plays lights out this season they can discuss buying his contract out but he will still be an older goalie.

Kolosov since they have him under contract they can bring him over when they are ready. He's young and playing well in the 2nd best hockey league in the world, he can stay there while the Flyers figure out their goaltender situation here. Is Hart gone? Will Ersson become more consistent? Is Sandström more than just a backup?

Reactions: Curufinwe

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly

I think we burn one year of his ELC?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Kolosov is also Belarusian which isn’t much better but still doesn’t have a Russian passport.

Reactions: Danko

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Which doesn’t matter because if he signed an ELC at age 22 if would be for 2 years.

Reactions: Danko

scumpup

Nov 29, 2021
We better get him. Kolosov + Ersson have the potential to get us cups at the end of our rebuild.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I would think his ELC would slide a year in the KHL?
KHL is better league than AHL, so if he excels this season, it's straight to the Flyer roster next year.
Since he's not Russian, no question of military duty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad