Round 2, Vote 8 (HOH Top Centers)

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Should be noted that coach Mike Milbury named Chris Nilan to the all-star team one year.

Brad Marsh got to go in 1993 too.

I liked the Octopus too, but...

Yes, weak players are often selected ONCE as something of a homer pick by the coach or to fill the "every team needs at least one guy" requirement.

I don't see this being relevant to how many times a star player was selected.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Very funny.. considering Francis has a better actual Selke record at the top end than Gilmour.

As for around that time period:

I'm sure mostly from your old bio.

Well, Francis shouldn't get disproportionate credit over Gilmour just because he's ben lucky enough to get picked by me and Gilmour hasn't.

They actually call Gilmour the best two-way player in the game in the 1993-94 guide too...

And what are you talking about with the selke records? Two players with more identical selke records don't exist.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Well, Francis shouldn't get disproportionate credit over Gilmour just because he's ben lucky enough to get picked by me and Gilmour hasn't.

They actually call Gilmour the best two-way player in the game in the 1993-94 guide too...

Which makes sense because they were both considered among the best during that time. Personally at that time I would have chosen Gilmour but then again I think he was the best player in the world 92-93 to 93-94.

However, you were the one insinuating that Francis was not playing "actual" Selke defense.

And what are you talking about with the selke records? Two players with more identical selke records don't exist.

Except Francis' is actually slightly better at the top, right?

Last edited:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Which makes sense because they were both considered among the best during that time. Personally at that time I would have chosen Gilmour but then again I think he was the best player in the world 92-93 to 93-94.

However, you were the one insinuating that Francis was not playing "actual" Selke defense.

What? I was responding to you saying he was playing selke defense in 1990! Those quotes start in 1993.

Except Francis' is actually slightly better at the top, right?

I looked last week, and I recall them being within the margin of who-gives-a-****...

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
What? I was responding to you saying he was playing selke defense in 1990! Those quotes start in 1993.

We were talking about his last mid-90s all star game appearance.

I looked last week, and I recall them being within the margin of who-gives-a-****...

Then maybe you shouldn't have attempted to play Francis down in comparisons of their actual Selke defensive play.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
We were talking about his last mid-90s all star game appearance.

This was my mistake; I thought you were saying he was playing selke defense in 1990. Looking back, I can see you were not saying that.

Then maybe you shouldn't have attempted to play Francis down in comparisons of their actual Selke defensive play.

whatever, this statement is irrelevant in the face of my misreading of your post from last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad