Round 2 start date?

PJackb

Aug 10, 2016
If The latest potential game of round one that is April 25th is played (I don’t think this will happen as it would mean the Wild makes a comeback)
When after should we expect the NHL to announce round 2 schedule?

I’m planning some travel to Winnipeg and Vegas , I would want to time it to be in the cities during a game and maybe get some tickets

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Depends on how long the series go generally, but the Caps series needs to to at least 6 to it's Wednesday at the earliest I think, Thursday if that series goes 7?

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
If The latest potential game of round one that is April 25th is played (I don’t think this will happen as it would mean the Wild makes a comeback)
When after should we expect the NHL to announce round 2 schedule?

I’m planning some travel to Winnipeg and Vegas , I would want to time it to be in the cities during a game and maybe get some tickets

Hope you have the money. Both destinations are currently the most expensive ticket wise.

DEVILS130

Aug 14, 2008
PA
Interestingly, the NBA typically schedules second round games while the first round is still going on. The NHL has not done that traditionally, but it is certainly more feasible now with a fixed bracket in place.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Interestingly, the NBA typically schedules second round games while the first round is still going on. The NHL has not done that traditionally, but it is certainly more feasible now with a fixed bracket in place.

Basketball and hockey are very different physically demanding. Scheduling games earlier for teams that finish a series early is just making it less worth it to finish early.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017

Yea I don' t think you'd ever see the NHL do this

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
If memory serves, I recall in 2016 the Lightning vs Islanders 2nd round series played their game 1 on the same day that a game 7 of the 1st round was happening (I want to say it was Ducks vs Predators). I assume this was due to arena scheduling issues, and it isn't something the NHL strives for.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
If memory serves, I recall in 2016 the Lightning vs Islanders 2nd round series played their game 1 on the same day that a game 7 of the 1st round was happening (I want to say it was Ducks vs Predators). I assume this was due to arena scheduling issues, and it isn't something the NHL strives for.
I remember it being a day before the game 7 of whatever the series was but I could be wrong.

Reactions: PunkRockLocke

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The NBA having Round 2 games while Round 1 is still happening is a bit much. Doubt you see it happen in the NHL. I think Round 2 for the NHL starts next Thursday.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
I have a sinking feeling the Caps-Jackets series will go 7 games. If so, Game 7 is Wednesday 4/25, and then I'd imagine Round 2 will start the next day.

I did some projecting based off of arena availability of the remaining teams, and here's what I found for Winnipeg (assuming they face Nashville) and Vegas:

Games 1&2 in Vegas will be between April 26-29 (my guess: Game 1 on April 26, and Game 2 on April 28)
Game 5 in Vegas will more than likely be on Friday, May 4
Game 7 in Vegas will be either May 8 or 9

Games 3&4 in Winnipeg will be between April 30-May 3 (my guess: Game 3 on May 1, Game 4 on May 3)
Game 6 in Winnipeg will more than likely be on Monday, May 7

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

That's true, I remember a first round game 7 happening the same day as a second round game 1.

Reactions: SaskPreds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad