Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
200px-Playing_card_spade_4.svg.png

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
If hockey doesn't work out for Condra, he could probably carve out an acting career.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
HUGHSON alone covers for the the other two as long as we don't get Cole.

LETSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SENSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

SENS NATIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'LL BE RECORDING THE GAME CAUSE OF UNI BUT LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAGEAU WITH ANOTHER BIG GAME!!!!!

Sens 4 life.

Snick

Mar 3, 2006
Ottawa
According to nhl.com schedule is:
Tuesday, May 14 @ 7:30;
Friday May 17 @ 7:30;
Sunday, May 19@ 7:30;
Wed. May 22 @ 7:30;
Fri. May 24 @7:30,
Sun. May 26 @ tbd and
Tues. May 28 @ tbd.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
we're CBC's flagship series, we're getting cole (and galley) again, but i bet they add some to the team (like they had in tor-bos). That probably means healey between the benches.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
we're CBC's flagship series, we're getting cole (and galley) again.

Source?

Flagship series usually means Hughson and Simpson, as they are the ones that do the SCF too.

EDIT: I'd be shocked if we didn't get Hughson, especially since we play PIT.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
we're CBC's flagship series, we're getting cole (and galley) again, but i bet they add some to the team (like they had in tor-bos). That probably means healey between the benches.

I thought Hughson , simpson and Healey were confirmed?

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
Lets be honest, cbc doesn't give a **** about the senators. I expect them to focus on pittsburgh as canada's team and spin the negative aspects of us.

With that said cole or healy? I take grandpa cole any day over that bitter prune.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Give me Cole and Galley any day over Hughson, Simpson and Healy. I like Hughson, but Simpson will never say anything positive about Ottawa, and Healy is the most negative person on tv.

At this point, I might take Jim Hughson and Richard Simmons over Bob Cole.

Cole is un-listenable. The classic voice is there, but everything else is gone. Can't keep up with the play, can't remember players names, is easily confused... he needs to go before he really tarnishes his legend.

Listening to Bob Cole calling games right now is like watching Andre the Giant in WrestleMania VI: the guy is an absolute legend, but he's doing more harm than good to his legacy by staying way, way past his prime.

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
At this point, I might take Jim Hughson and Richard Simmons over Bob Cole.

Cole is un-listenable. The classic voice is there, but everything else is gone. Can't keep up with the play, can't remember players names, is easily confused... he needs to go before he really tarnishes his legend.

Listening to Bob Cole calling games right now is like watching Andre the Giant in WrestleMania VI: the guy is an absolute legend, but he's doing more harm than good to his legacy by staying way, way past his prime.
So what you're saying is someone needs to give Bob Cole a suplex.

insomniac

High on Hockey
Jul 31, 2009
Ottawa
forum.highonhockey.com
Everyone is writing us off again, but the pesky Sens have a good chance to win this series. There's no debating that the Penguins were the better team during the regular season, but things have looked different in the Playoffs. As a team, the Senators have played at least as well as the Penguins - and I would argue that Ottawa had the tougher first round opponent.

Similar to how things looked at the beginning of the Montreal series, none of Ottawa's forwards have compared to Pittsburgh's best - and the Penguins have more in terms of both quality and quantity than the Habs do. Pascal Dupuis, Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Tyler Kennedy, and Jarome Iginla have been absolutely phenomenal, and will be giving us nightmares. However, at least 10 of Ottawa's forwards (I'm excluding Colin Greening, Matt Kassian, and Zack Smith) have played better than all of the other Pittsburgh forwards. I have a feeling that Kyle Turris is going to step up in a huge way during this series.

It's a similar story on defense - the Senators spreading out the success - however we hold the two strongest cards thus far in Erik Karlsson and Marc Methot. Karlsson has been amazing and yet was definitely not at 100%. Methot was even more of a stable force during Round 1 than he was during the regular season, and I believe he can be nearly as effective at shutting down Pittsburgh's big guns as he was the entire Montreal team. Brooks Orpik, Paul Martin, Kris Letang, and Douglas Murray are going to form a challenging top-four pair however, and they are all considerably capable and experienced defensemen. But I see them having quite a bit of trouble with a healthier Erik Karlsson.

Ottawa, possibly more than any other Eastern Conference team, is playing like a team. Teams tend to win Stanley Cups more often than star players do, and Pittsburgh had been eliminated by that kind of play in their previous two Round 1 series - against Philadelphia in 2012 and against Tampa Bay in 2011.

Additionally, it looks as if Jussi Jokinen will continue to sit in favor of Joe Vitale. While I do think Vitale looked good in his two playoff games, I think he was one of their worst players during the regular season. I'm not complaining if Jokinen doesn't lace up. I think that dressing Guillaume Latendresse to begin this series would be a smart decision, and I actually thought he looked good in our first two games. I don't think Matt Kassian should be out there. Either way, Latendresse should be in... maybe in favor of Greening if Kassian is, for some reason, a must.

Sens in 7

Oct 10, 2010
Give me Cole and Galley any day over Hughson, Simpson and Healy. I like Hughson, but Simpson will never say anything positive about Ottawa, and Healy is the most negative person on tv.

Galley should be on the "A" team for CBC he's miles ahead of both Healy and Simpson ( who i find extremely boring)

BigEyedPhish

Aug 23, 2006
:D
WE ARE LIONS!!!!!!111!!11!!!!1!!!1!1!11!!!!!1!

roaaaaarrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keys to our game....

CHECKING!!!

WE ARE LIONS!

RAWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Yokai

Mar 29, 2011
Ottawa
Back from a ten day trip and could not be more happy that there is a game to watch on my first full night back!! Now to spend the day watching Round 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad