Series Talk: Round 2 Discussion - Panthers vs Bruins - Part II - (Florida Wins 4-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
To me it seems Bennett was just being extra careful with his hurt hand and made sure it was no where near the collision so he spins his whole body around making sure his hand is away from impact.
Bet everyone would see the incident totally different had Marchand managed to re-injure Bennett's hand and not ended up on the floor himself. Don't think we'd see the public outcry.

He went looking for it, came off worse, move on. But now it's lets try injure Florida's stars...sorry thought that was the plan for Marchands hit on Bennett.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Bet everyone would see the incident totally different had Marchand managed to re-injure Bennett's hand and not ended up on the floor himself. Don't think we'd see the public outcry.

He went looking for it, came off worse, move on. But now it's lets try injure Florida's stars...sorry thought that was the plan for Marchands hit on Bennett.
This.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Bennett stuck a little jab out there, and Marchand ran right into it. Marchand came in hot to try and light Bennett up (on a borderline late hit) and that supplied all of the real power to it.
If Marchand was on time, Bennett wouldn’t have had time to get his hands up so high after moving the puck, much less to “load up a (such a devastating Tyson-esque) punch”. It all went horribly wrong for Marchand.

quote per the Broons coach, inside the parentheses is mine.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Cant believe they played this kinda no effort game after totally owning them games 2-4

Hard to keep that level going for four games in a row. B's went back to playing hockey. We're the better team, everybody knows that, but it won't mean shit if you don't put in a full effort.

These guys are good at bouncing back, expect they'll come flying out after a few days off.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
It seemed eerily similar to G4 against Toronto last year. Had the opportunity to close it out and couldn't and played flat then too. I think they rally and take it next game.

I don't think that is what's happening. we took the last month of the season off and hardly showed up vs TBL. we've got plenty in the tank.

I'm gonna go a little darker here for minute. one of the things Maurice taught us (me at least) that I don't think you can know unless you've competed in something at a very high level is that the very good to great teams figure out how to run themselves. he said this constantly last year - he didn't have to say anything on the bench because the players said what needed to be said. the players understand what they need to do to prepare and they held one another accountable.

in the context of last night's dogshit effort and lousy execution - and I mean everything sucked, except bob. (I mean, you know it's bad when the best mr positivity can come up with was "I didn't like our game at all. but I was happy that we made some progress in our game after the first period".) Maurice had to yell at the boys. in a close out game in the 2nd f***ing round of the playoffs!

that is a bad sign for this group. the current lineup can forecheck if we're skating and connected. we've seen that. but I'm just so disappointed in the leadership last night. that might be the reason I put chezsky and lombo back in.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I don't think that is what's happening. we took the last month of the season off and hardly showed up vs TBL. we've got plenty in the tank.

I'm gonna go a little darker here for minute. one of the things Maurice taught us (me at least) that I don't think you can know unless you've competed in something at a very high level is that the very good to great teams figure out how to run themselves. he said this constantly last year - he didn't have to say anything on the bench because the players said what needed to be said. the players understand what they need to do to prepare and they held one another accountable.

in the context of last night's dogshit effort and lousy execution - and I mean everything sucked, except bob. (I mean, you know it's bad when the best mr positivity can come up with was "I didn't like our game at all. but I was happy that we made some progress in our game after the first period".) Maurice had to yell at the boys. in a close out game in the 2nd f***ing round of the playoffs!

that is a bad sign for this group. the current lineup can forecheck if we're skating and connected. we've seen that. but I'm just so disappointed in the leadership last night. that might be the reason I put chezsky and lombo back in.
Yesterday’s lack of execution was really weird. Like you said, only Bob was really good. In fact, I think he was the best player from both teams.

My grades for yesterday, to highlight it clearly, are:
Bob - A
Barky - B
Reino - C
Everyone else - D or F

Reactions: Vilam and zeroG

FlyingDutchmansSock

... is a Panthers fan
Jan 13, 2015
Hollywood, FL
Maybe it's cliche, but a 4-game winning streak is hard to do in the regular season ... Now try winning four in a row in the playoffs against the same team.

I'm not too worried, you're gonna lose a handful of games in the PO. It happens!

Next game: more energy, crisper everything, and just win baby

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Swayman is the only reason this series hasn't been a sweep, and they've proven they can beat him.

Montgomery is a terrible coach with no actual ability in terms of coaching teams. He is literally a terrible coach and all this dramatics last night only backed up my theory. He's too busy worrying about excuses instead of focusing on his team.

Panthers close it out on Friday, no doubt in my mind. Bruins step into irrelevance begins with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad