Pre-Game Talk: Round #1: Sharks (2) vs LA (3) Discussion

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Figured since we're locked in, might as well have a discussion thread. Lineups, injuries, theory, whatever.

David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 34s
#SJSharks open at home Thursday vs. LAK, game 2 on Sunday before shifting to Staples for games 3 and 4 on Tuesday and Thursday.

Game 1: Thursday April 17th @ SAP Center
Game 2: Sunday April 20th @ SAP Center
Game 3: Tuesday April 22th @ Staples
Game 4: Thursday April 24th @ Staples
Game 5: Saturday April 26th @ SAP Center (if needed)
Game 6: Monday April 28th @ Staples (if needed)
Game 7: Wednesday April 30th @ SAP Center (if needed)

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'll sum up the content of this thread...We suck. We will lose to the Kings. See you guys next October. Did I cover everything? :P

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 5m

McLellan said he has established who will start Game 1 vs. Kings.

Probably Niemi...might have to coddle him a little bit to get him over that performance and the captain calling him out to some extent.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 41s
Not a huge surprise -- McLellan said Torres will not play this weekend, but is optimistic Torres will be ready to play in the playoffs.

This is getting ridiculous.

Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 1m
McLellan on Hertl's availability -- "Tomas, we'll know more in the next day or two. It's been a long time since he's played as well."

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka
McLellan on Hertl's availability -- "Tomas, we'll know more in the next day or two. It's been a long time since he's played as well."

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Yea. Right. They expect us to believe anything that comes from this organization regarding injuries... why?

Tired of the constant BS.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Nemo's track record against the Kings as of late - especially at home - means you have to go with him in Game 1. I know it's all about what have you done for me lately here, but he was really good his last time out against L.A. which believe it or not was only a few games ago.

Not a huge surprise -- McLellan said Torres will not play this weekend, but is optimistic Torres will be ready to play in the playoffs.

Right now I'm more concerned about this.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA

Doesn't sound good.

I would love to see him play in game 1, but at the same time I really don't want to seem him re-injure himself. Sharks have him locked up for two more years, and there is always next year.

I think they should sit him game 1, and if the Sharks win and as long as they are ahead in the series might as well rest him more. If he is not ready to play in the last two games of the regular season he will be borderline at best to play in game 1 of the first round.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011

Curtis Pashelka ‏@CurtisPashelka 1m

My thoughts on reading these two tweet:
Torres; awesome. Hertl; bad. Seems like confirmation that he won't play in the first round. He may be healthy but "needs time" to get into game shape.

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
My thoughts on reading these two tweet:
Torres; awesome. Hertl; bad. Seems like confirmation that he won't play in the first round. He may be healthy but "needs time" to get into game shape.

Here's more.

On Hertl, McLellan said team is waiting on some doctor reports on Hertl, "and we'll go from there." #SJSharks

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
I don't know how you can read anything positive into the Torres quote... they've been saying he'll get into the a game for weeks and then games come around and he's still not ready or some ****.

It's all crap.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA

Is there really going to be some drastic up turn in recover in a day or two? I can't imagine his condition changing all that much in just a day or two. Maybe in a week or two.

SharksFan1

Aug 9, 2010
Orange County, CA
I don't know how you can read anything positive into the Torres quote... they've been saying he'll get into the a game for weeks and then games come around and he's still not ready or some ****.

It's all crap.

Seriously. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Hertl came back before him.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011

It's all crap.

I think he will be ready come playoffs. I think he is ready, actually. I would bet all my 50 vCash on it.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
We've been talking all season about how this year will be different because we'll have Torres, Hertl and this new forward depth. So much for that. If Havlat inevitably gets hurt soon then our lineup will practically be the same as last year when we faced the Kings other than the addition of Nieto. Kennedy=Gali, Brown is a totally different player than Tim Kennedy but just as useless. Kearns=Kearns. There's improvements in Sheppard, Wingels, Demers etc. but that's cancelled out by Niemi playing much worse than last year. This team just can't catch a break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad