round 1 prediction poll

Prediction

• Total voters

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
I voted Bruins in 7( and that was optimistic) but my heart says Leafs in 7.
I dont trust Samsonov/Wall vs Swayman/Ullmark.

I never go in and gloat (is that the word) or are condescending towards other teams if they loose . But it is insane how many that just hate to hate on the Leafs.

I hope the dudes love to win even more then they hate to loose. And go out there with no fear.
They cant loose more then you allready have, it would just be another , "we knew it " card on the pile. So no fear and all pressure on the Boston Baloos.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Our Leafs just lost 4 games in a row to end their season. What a great way to prepare for the playoffs.

Based on that, Boston blanks them in four easily.
I wonder if a cup champion has ever lost their last 4 regular season games…chances look dim

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Boston in 5.

Would love to be wrong and not stressed at how aloof we seemed to play the last few games.

We have much more skill, but Boston has us beat on:
- better coach
-more will
- better coach
- better goaltending
- better coach
- better referees
- better coach

Would love nothing more than to paste these guys and would give a lot to see our guys find their playoff gear and go full beast mode.

Would love nothing more than to see: Marner finally get it, Robertson prove he belongs, Liljegren slamming down his place as a 4RHD, McMann and Knies continue to grow, Tavares put time in a bottle and be everything we need from our Captain, Benoit, Edmundson and Boosh dummy Marchand and the Bruins, Samsonov find his inner-Vasy and outduel whoever Boston puts in net, both Domi and Bertuzzi go full playoff warriors, dragging Nylander and Matthews into the fight….

Fingers crossed, the fans deserve it.

Bellzy

It was 4-1 finally has better meaning….
Jun 30, 2018
Boston in 5.

Would love to be wrong and not stressed at how aloof we seemed to play the last few games.

We have much more skill, but Boston has us beat on:
- better coach
-more will
- better coach
- better goaltending
- better coach
- better referees
- better coach

Would love nothing more than to paste these guys and would give a lot to see our guys find their playoff gear and go full beast mode.

Would love nothing more than to see: Marner finally get it, Robertson prove he belongs, Liljegren slamming down his place as a 4RHD, McMann and Knies continue to grow, Tavares put time in a bottle and be everything we need from our Captain, Benoit, Edmundson and Boosh dummy Marchand and the Bruins, Samsonov find his inner-Vasy and outduel whoever Boston puts in net, both Domi and Bertuzzi go full playoff warriors, dragging Nylander and Matthews into the fight….

Fingers crossed, the fans deserve it.
Believe my brother. Believe. That’s all we can do. It’s out of our hands. Always has been. Believe that they were resting the last 4 games. Believe that we are gonna wreck Boston, then Florida, then who ever else stands in the way. It’s our time, let’s support the boys because this may be the last time we see this team with these players.

f*** THE BRUINS.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Against my better judgement I'll still pick Leafs in 6.

That means going into Boston and probably having to win 1 game but probably both.

Plant the seed of doubt early.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Boston wins first two games, everyone goes nuts, leafs then go on to win 4 straight O.T games to win in 6 and rest of the world tells us it didn't count because they were all o.t wins.

Reactions: Jojalu and IPS

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Would be icing on the cake to have Jack Edward's final broadcast announce that the Leafs have eliminated the Bruins in the playoffs.
When I first heard he was retiring after this season my initial thought was his last game would be the Bruins eliminating the Leafs in OT.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Optimistic take: Leafs in 7. We have really strong offense that in all likelihood can't be shut down every year. To add, we have functional toughness and won't get provoked so badly this time around. We've seen Sammy win us a series and he had a good past few months. In fact, Bruins needed to get Maroon to not allow Reaves to create too much momentum. Marner is something of a Bruin killer and if he starts shooting they won't have an answer for it.

Pessimist take bruins in 6: There is no real reason to think we'll win this other than hockey has a lot of variance and sometimes the better team won't win. We will take 2 or 3 games convincingly and that will be enough for half our fanbase to be pleased to give our players MacKinnon money. The refs won't call the series the way we like and many will see that as the reason for our loss. The bruins will be happy to play defense and wait for mistakes which...gestures broadly, happens basically continuously all game.

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
No goaltending, Tavares is fading away, and most importantly no heart and no passion when the going gets tough. Also Nylander’s checked out and our defence is mediocre. Unless our guys flip a switch here, Boston in 6. The B’s always turn it up a notch but I don’t feel optimistic that we will.

Reactions: supermann_98

TopCheeseShotta

Mar 1, 2020
Nobody got swept last year.
True. Felt like it though, didn't it..? Just with all the shoccck and despaaaaiiir that the Bs did worse than us in the playoffs last year..
Still holds, though.. if it ends in 4, I would assume the Bruins won - just because of their swift exit in the first round last year - so they likely won't go easily this time. Not as likely as our Boyz getting in their own way and crapping the bed, but still.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
This series is going to be a ton of fun, I'm looking forward to all the drama good or bad.

You guys see the canes vs Isles match up? Can you draw up a more boring series? Glad that isn't us lol

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
tried to vote and it keeps taking me to a ad
try to go to another forum and it takes me to an ad
i don't even bother trying to view this forum on my phone anymore due to the endless ads and it refreshing constantly

this f***ing site is really tuning to shit

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
tried to vote and it keeps taking me to a ad
try to go to another forum and it takes me to an ad
i don't even bother trying to view this forum on my phone anymore due to the endless ads and it refreshing constantly

this f***ing site is really tuning to shit
Brave browser solves all issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad