Series Talk: Round 1: Predators vs. Canucks

What will be the result of Preds vs. Cancuks series?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Softball99

Dec 16, 2014
Better public transportation....need 3 rail lines... for 65,24,40 station by the pedestrian bridge

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Why is Nashville the only city where the fans have a problem being in their seats at game time? We are not New York ,or LA. Their fans are there ready to go !
Typically we don't. But a 6pm start when downtown will be flooded with people arriving for other events you might see an issue. Especially an arena that is smack dab in the middle of the craziness.

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
I24/40/65 WILL be a disaster so get there early or find a better way to get around the traffic. That stretch of road from Trinity Lane to Hermitage over/under pass to Chatt/Knox has been horrible since 1982!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Why is Nashville the only city where the fans have a problem being in their seats at game time? We are not New York ,or LA. Their fans are there ready to go !
I mean NY has a subway stop right by MSG. LA I'm not real sure where it's located.

Big issue here is you are taking an already busy entertainment district and packing it with another 3-4 large events that are all near each other and have no way to get them in and out except cars.

This isn't the early 2000's when it was the only thing down there and you had a huge parking spot literally at the back door.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
They're opening the doors to the arena at 3:00. That's what time I'll be getting downtown regardless.

Y'all should do the same if possible.

So many events going on tomorrow. Our game, the chair tossing event at Nissan, Ryman show, Schemerhorn concert, CMA theater concert, Brooklyn Bowl concert and a Sounds game. Plus all of the woo girls and boys that'll be partying.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I mean NY has a subway stop right by MSG. LA I'm not real sure where it's located.

Big issue here is you are taking an already busy entertainment district and packing it with another 3-4 large events that are all near each other and have no way to get them in and out except cars.

This isn't the early 2000's when it was the only thing down there and you had a huge parking spot literally at the back door.
Crypto.com is SW of downtown. There are no subways, but there is light rail nearby. Freeways and parking lots.

34/Penn is under MSG. Trains, subways, buses up at street level. It's a smorgasbord of public transportation.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Crypto.com is SW of downtown. There are no subways, but there is light rail nearby. Freeways and parking lots.

34/Penn is under MSG. Trains, subways, buses up at street level. It's a smorgasbord of public transportation.
And no one naturally goes downtown in LA because is a homeless cesspool.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Alright fellas....

Send this back to Vancouver so we can really send their fans home disappointed after game 7.
Just hoping we can somehow turn around our horrible, horrible play/mojo at home during playoffs. It really is incredible how terrible we have been at home basically since the Cup run.

We are 4-10 last 14 home playoff games with a minus 19 goal differential. Have lost 5 in a row

What is even more crazy? All 4 wins going all the way back to 2018 were OT wins. We have not won a home playoff game in regulation since the Colorado series in the Presidents trophy season.

That means for us fans in the last 14 home playoff games we have either lost (and a bunch of them were complete blowouts) or had a VERY stressful win. (and possibly the most stressful loss of all time last Sunday)

Here's hoping for a win and a little less stress please- fanbase deserves it- lol

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
I 'am pretty sure if this was a Titans playoff game tonight fans would find a way to be there 2 hrs before kickoff getting their fun on !

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
If this was a Titans playoff game it wouldn't be on a weekday so workers wouldn't be downtown and most people would already be off so they could go downtown at any time.

And that means Morgan Wallen wouldn't be playing at Nissan Stadium.

And even if he happened to be playing Bridgestone the same day as a titans playoff game, it probably wouldn't all start at the same dang time!

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
It's actually kind of wild how many Jack Adams finalists get fired within two years of their nomination.

2023 Finalists:
Montgomery-Still employed
Hakstol- Fired 2024
Ruff- Fired 2024

2022 Finalists:
Sutter- Fired 2023
Brunette - Fired 2022
Gallant- Fired 2023

2021 Finalists:
Brind'Amour- Still Employed
Dean Evason - Fired 2023
Quenneville - Fired 2022 (albeit for non-performance related reasons)

2020 Finalists:
Bruce Cassidy - Fired 2022 (albeit won a Cup with Vegas)
Vigneault - Fired 2021
Tortorella - Fired 2021

Didn't feel like going back further but that's 10/12 head coaches fired shortly thereafter. Which I suppose makes sense since a lot of times it is more of a coach of the team that overperformed most award and when the team regresses they get fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad