Series Talk: Round 1: Predators vs. Canucks

What will be the result of Preds vs. Cancuks series?

• Total voters

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I mean... we couldve skated out of Vancouver up 2 games with a little better discipline in game 1. It is gonna be a good series.
It is kind of crazy- in some ways it feels like we were dominated for most these two games, but in 120 minutes of play we have trailed only 10:49 total in the two games combined

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
It is kind of crazy- in some ways it feels like we were dominated for most these two games, but in 120 minutes of play we have trailed only 10:49 total in the two games combined
The problem is that kind of thing usually isn't sustainable. We got caved in particularly badly in the 3rd, the Corsi was like 37-5 in the 3rd, and 64-22 overall.

To an extent, one could argue that their strategy of firing shots into traffic and letting them hit our guys or go wide may work out for us, but... I would feel a lot better if our guys were generating more and looking like they are doing something more than just hanging on for dear life?

Obviously we take the win and run home with it. Can't complain about coming home 1-1 after getting outplayed like that. But we still can't expect to ultimately win the series if we don't find some extra spark also.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
The problem is that kind of thing usually isn't sustainable. We got caved in particularly badly in the 3rd, the Corsi was like 37-5 in the 3rd, and 64-22 overall.

To an extent, one could argue that their strategy of firing shots into traffic and letting them hit our guys or go wide may work out for us, but... I would feel a lot better if our guys were generating more and looking like they are doing something more than just hanging on for dear life?

Obviously we take the win and run home with it. Can't complain about coming home 1-1 after getting outplayed like that. But we still can't expect to ultimately win the series if we don't find some extra spark also.
That's just it, I don't think we were outplayed, I think Bruno went full rope a dope in the 3rd, I think it was by design.

EyeofSaros

Feb 28, 2024
Nashville had a great away game. Managed to keep Vancouver mostly at low danger attempts and the few that got through Saros handled nicely. Pp needs to get better in the future wasting too many opportunities there, and lost the first one because of bad pp and Saros' weaker game.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
From my view of these games I think our number one priority was to not give them rush opportunities and play a generally low event game. Which is interesting because that conflicts with how we've played a lot of this season which is to pressure the puck in every zone and if we give up rush opportunities so be it. As others have pointed out I think it will be interesting to see how our strategy changes when we're at home and can control the matchups better.

Reactions: Softball99

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
From my view of these games I think our number one priority was to not give them rush opportunities and play a generally low event game. Which is interesting because that conflicts with how we've played a lot of this season which is to pressure the puck in every zone and if we give up rush opportunities so be it. As others have pointed out I think it will be interesting to see how our strategy changes when we're at home and can control the matchups better.
Yep- its going to be interesting to see what happens now that we are home. It will be pretty disappointing if we don't step up our game significantly. I mean, Vancouver is a very good team, no one is arguing that- but its not like we are some hopelessly overmatched underdog- we are pretty darn good too, and no reason we can't play our style against this team

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
It's a bad design, if so. Vancouver will normally score a couple goals if given that much of an edge. We got lucky. We can't rely on getting that lucky again, we need more of a push.
I also think it was the style of play. The Preds weren't ready to play that hard way and the Refs just let almost everything go. Some of the hits were plain scary! Not sure how players did not get injured. That style is not the Preds way so it has taken some getting used to.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Isnt rush opportunities how they burnt us in the regular season? It has been a while but i seem to recall it being that way.

Reactions: triggrman

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
This is going to end up like the Phoenix series, one we should have won but meekly get spanked in 5 games.

What a disappointment after such and unexpectedly good regular season

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
This is going to end up like the Phoenix series, one we should have won but meekly get spanked in 5 games.

What a disappointment after such and unexpectedly good regular season
Whoa those Phoenix series were so embarrassing no fight , pushback just going through motions, The complete history of this team in the playoffs is not good.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Who’s likely coming in for the injured Statsney next game, Barrie or Fabrro? Both those defenders provide a tad more offence from the back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad