Series Talk: Round 1: Predators vs. Canucks

What will be the result of Preds vs. Cancuks series?

• Total voters

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I'd like to see Fabbro over Carrier this next game. I'd also like to see Glass in for Sherwood
Can’t see the identity line getting broken up that quickly but Glass over Beuavillier wouldn’t surprise me. Don’t think that makes much of a difference though really as I can’t see Glass performing well against the speed and physicality the Canucks played with last game. Similarly while I wouldn’t mind Fabbro in I don’t that makes much difference either.

An interesting line note is that we moved to Zucker-Sissons-Evangelista later in the game and they seemed to play pretty well. Zucker and Evangelista were two of our best forwards last game and Sissons brings the defensive responsibility so seems like a good match. That does leave Novak centering the misfit toys though. Will be interesting to see what we go with tonight.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't think they are going to go away from Novak that quickly, they need his offense, but then who knows.

I'll be interested to see if Vancouver keeps up that intensity or if it was a first game in front of the crowd energy.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I'm definitely fine with anybody they bring in over Beauvillier. That guy is useless. And while I would like to see Fabbro being a regular in general, the worst two D on my totem pole right now are Lauzon and Carrier, and the team isn't going to put Fabbro in over either of them. Alas? Well, they could put him in over Stastney and re-shuffle. I don't think Fabbro is going to be a "difference-maker" regardless though. He is a better player than he has been getting credit for from the coaching staff all year, but he still isn't going to bring what the team really needs - which is more strength and crease-clearing ability in front of Saros. So it's kind of moot.

I do think we lost a fair bit in this kind of matchup by no longer having Trenin and Jeannot. Obviously you can't remotely regret the Jeannot trade given what we got for him and how he has settled out in the NHL though. McCarron/Smith/Jankowski have size but aren't showing much. We're 3 or 4 NHL forwards and maybe 1 or 2 tough-but-good D short of having a realistic playoff roster. It just is what it is at this point in the building curve. Making the playoffs was impressive enough. Hopefully they'll keep putting up a good fight, but my expectations are definitely tempered.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I'm definitely fine with anybody they bring in over Beauvillier. That guy is useless. And while I would like to see Fabbro being a regular in general, the worst two D on my totem pole right now are Lauzon and Carrier, and the team isn't going to put Fabbro in over either of them. Alas? Well, they could put him in over Stastney and re-shuffle. I don't think Fabbro is going to be a "difference-maker" regardless though. He is a better player than he has been getting credit for from the coaching staff all year, but he still isn't going to bring what the team really needs - which is more strength and crease-clearing ability in front of Saros. So it's kind of moot.

I do think we lost a fair bit in this kind of matchup by no longer having Trenin and Jeannot. Obviously you can't remotely regret the Jeannot trade given what we got for him and how he has settled out in the NHL though. McCarron/Smith/Jankowski have size but aren't showing much. We're 3 or 4 NHL forwards and maybe 1 or 2 tough-but-good D short of having a realistic playoff roster. It just is what it is at this point in the building curve. Making the playoffs was impressive enough. Hopefully they'll keep putting up a good fight, but my expectations are definitely tempered.
Similarly while I don't regret the Ekholm trade we're really missing his presence on D. I do still think we could win this series but we just can't have the unforced errors like we did last game.

darth5

No!
Mar 28, 2002
Smashville, TN
Can anyone answer why the ESPN+ bundle can't watch first round games? I know there is a hodgepodge of local rights to deal with, but why can't I watch out of local market games live at all?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Can anyone answer why the ESPN+ bundle can't watch first round games? I know there is a hodgepodge of local rights to deal with, but why can't I watch out of local market games live at all?
I think it is because the games are all being nationally broadcast as well. It is a bit weird because they still let the local broadcasts continue for the first round though.

Southstarpreds

Dec 15, 2023
For what ever reason it upsets hockey fans teams that win the Lord Stanley Cup have big mean Dmen. Zadorov will be hated by the end of this rnd.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Per Friedman Demko may be hurt I’ll leave it to y’all to check me

Attachments

• IMG_0321.png
    IMG_0321.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 1

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
84-36 attempted shots.

There's no excuse for that at all.

Going to need some faceoff video for the guys to figure out how to win a draw, maintain possession, and generate some offense.
I'm not going to say it's all calculated or anything, but at a certain point if they are content to keep possessing around the perimeter and lobbing shots into clogged lanes, why dissuade them?

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
With the games in Nashville, Brunette should be able to keep the O’Reilly line away from the Lindholm line for most of the game. Hopefully, they can find some consistent success during the home games during 5v5.
One has to hope that having last change will help with match ups enough to let the players get some traction and gain some confidence.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Looks like the series has shifted in the betting market. Preds favored in game 3. Series is even on both sides.

Either way I’m really looking forward to this weekend. Going to be a fun time at both of these games now no matter what.

Reactions: triggrman

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Looks like the series has shifted in the betting market. Preds favored in game 3. Series is even on both sides.

Either way I’m really looking forward to this weekend. Going to be a fun time at both of these games now no matter what.

Yep- should be one of the best atmospheres we've had in Bridgestone in awhile. First time in a long time our first home game is not one where we are down 0-2.

My biggest fear when we don't have home ice is the dreaded down 3 games to none game 4. And now there is no possibility of that..

Reactions: weeze and LCPreds

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

I mean... we couldve skated out of Vancouver up 2 games with a little better discipline in game 1. It is gonna be a good series.

Reactions: PredsV82

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad