Series Talk: Round 1: Predators vs. Canucks

What will be the result of Preds vs. Cancuks series?

• Total voters

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I'd say it's about 40% chance we win this series which seems to match up with what the odds makers think. Ultimately, I think we give them a good series but we have a slow start after the long layoff that is difficult to overcome.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Schedule:

Game 1 - Sun, Apr 21 @ Vancouver - 7:00pm PT / 9:00pm CT
Game 2 - Tue, Apr 23 @ Vancouver - 7:00pm PT / 9:00pm CT
Game 3 - Fri, Apr 26 @ Nashville - 4:30pm PT / 6:30pm CT
Game 4 - Sun, Apr 28 @ Nashville - 2:00pm PT / 4:00pm CT
Game 5* - Tue, Apr 30 @ Vancouver
Game 6* - Fri, May 3 @ Nashville
Game 7* - Sun, May 5 @ Vancouver
*If Necessary

Predation

Dec 18, 2011
The rational me says the Nucks take this series in six, but I’m in a surly mood right now so I picked the Preds in five.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

On paper, the Canucks look better. Saros has a lot of playoff experience, Fil had a career year and Josi is a threat on offense and defense. Nashville has a good D corps.

Preds in six despite Vancouver's "depth". The Canucks haven't had a home playoff game in 9 years. Their fans may be ready, but is the team ready?

It isn't what you did in the regular season, it is what you can do right NOW that counts!

On NHL.com 7 of the 15 staffers picked Nashville to win that series. You can't get any closer!

Last point, we are going to Vancouver in October. I want to wear Preds gear with pride!

Last edited:
Reactions: SouthNash

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Hello friends from music city! 🎵

I think Nashville takes this series. I voted Preds in 6

Canucks fans have no idea how scary this preds team is. I’m sure many of you agree you are not a “true 7th seed”. Preds are one of the best teams in the nhl this year as far as I’m concerned

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
Saw an interview with Brunette earlier. He’s telling the young guys to not worry about the pressure to enjoy the moment and just play hard. I’m interested to see how Evangelista handles the playoffs. Stastney is another one I’ll be focusing my attention on. It’s probably going be a much more physical style of hockey from here on out so watching to see how those two deal with it.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hello friends from music city! 🎵

I think Nashville takes this series. I voted Preds in 6

Canucks fans have no idea how scary this preds team is. I’m sure many of you agree you are not a “true 7th seed”. Preds are one of the best teams in the nhl this year as far as I’m concerned
While I appreciate your kind comments, as a general rule I hate this shit. Pre-series niceness(and especially the "I'm picking you to win" kind) from the other team just rubs me the wrong way. I'm a die hard fan, and for the next two weeks the Canucks and anything associated with them are the enemy and I want to savor the intensity, not play nicey-nice.

So as a fellow human, thank you again for your kind words, but as a hockey fan, stuff it, we are gonna burn down your village :cool:

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
While I appreciate your kind comments, as a general rule I hate this shit. Pre-series niceness(and especially the "I'm picking you to win" kind) from the other team just rubs me the wrong way. I'm a die hard fan, and for the next two weeks the Canucks and anything associated with them are the enemy and I want to savor the intensity, not play nicey-nice.

So as a fellow human, thank you again for your kind words, but as a hockey fan, stuff it, we are gonna burn down your village :cool:

(but I am not a canucks fan! I just live near them)

Please accept my comments as someone who is cheering against the canucks the same way you guys are 😆

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Eh goal one was awful but the rest of the team was pretty bad except for a few spurts too. I don’t put too much of that on Saros in particular.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
if you are going to blame Saros then you damn sure need to be blaming the defense, as well. And our inability to make accurate passes out of our zone. We got smothered in the third.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
It's just the typical Saros we've seen every playoffs, he's not exactly bad, but he's not exactly helping the cause either. Certainly not a guy a you sign to an 8x8 or 8x9.

He let in a softie and didn't really make any above grade saves imo.

Yes there are other issues that need resolved as well, but if he doesn't let the soft one in you have a 2 goal lead going into the 3rd and even giving up two quick ones it's a tie game. It just changes the complexion of the game.

You need him to be one of the stars out there, he wasnt.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
if you are going to blame Saros then you damn sure need to be blaming the defense, as well. And our inability to make accurate passes out of our zone. We got smothered in the third.
Of course. Goal 3 was in good part due to poor defensive play.. But "top 5" goalies can't be gifting soft goals and momentum swings in games where the margins are this tight.

Reactions: SouthNash

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
We can talk about soft goals and talk about the team not having enough push at the same time. This isn't f***ing twitter.

Reactions: PredsV82

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad