• Rangers in 6

Votes: 27 12.5%
  • Rangers in 7

Votes: 12 5.6%

• Total voters

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Every single team has had scum bags on it, Cooke also played for other teams but I guess he only played on the Pens and no other teams. People always bring up Cooke because they got nothing to add.

"Remember that time long ago you had Cooke? yeah..."

Cooke has been gone for years lol.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
When was the last time the Penguins lost a game 7 on the road? Asking for a friend.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It's not something I can really hang the series on but if Jarry starts tomorrow I really have to wonder about the decision to go with Domingue last night.
Yeah I don't get that either. Did two more days really make that much of a difference? Is the thinking that well worst case scenario we can win game 7 with him?

Because that would be incredibly dangerous thinking on Sullivan's part. That's going to be a very tough building to win in tomorrow even if our lineup were perfectly healthy.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Yeah I don't get that either. Did two more days really make that much of a difference? Is the thinking that well worst case scenario we can win game 7 with him?

Because that would be incredibly dangerous thinking on Sullivan's part. That's going to be a very tough building to win in tomorrow even if our lineup were perfectly healthy.

I already argued they were taking this mind set with Rakell and Jarry.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

To be honest, I think we, as fans, are getting too excited over these guys practicing. It wouldn't surprise me if they're ramping up the practice for guys like Jarry, Sid, Rakell in the *hope* they might be ready, not because they're 100% ready to go.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Pens 5 on 5 xG differential is 9.25

Next closest team is Colorado with 3.16.

WTF

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
To be honest, I think we, as fans, are getting too excited over these guys practicing. It wouldn't surprise me if they're ramping up the practice for guys like Jarry, Sid, Rakell in the *hope* they might be ready, not because they're 100% ready to go.
The healing time for a broken foot is typically 4-6 weeks. Jarry is right on the early part of that timeline. It's been about 4 weeks I think since the injury for him.

So he might actually be able to go. Rakell and Sid...who knows. I'd hope that Sid wouldn't be foolish and rush back from a concussion to try and bail the Pens out in this series, but he did come back very quickly from one against Washington in the playoffs a few years ago. I don't know that that is wise, but he might just do it.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I decided to take an opportunity for some work today and tomorrow. I hate to be this way but I don't think I can bear to watch this last game. I hope beyond hope they can pull it off and come Monday morning I'm kicking myself for only getting to watch it after the fact. One way or the other at least it's been a series.

Let's f***ing go, boys. One more time.
You do you but if it were me I would probably always regret not watching what might be their final game together. If Jarry gets us some saves I still feel we will win.

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA

I don’t think Jarry is actually ready to start yet to be honest. I think it’s a “last resort and we really need you to play even though you aren’t ready yet” kind of thing

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I don’t think Jarry is actually ready to start yet to be honest. I think it’s a “last resort and we really need you to play even though you aren’t ready yet” kind of thing
I have a feeling that it's not ideally healed but that he can play through it. Like I said above, 4-6 weeks is the normal heal time for that injury and he is within that timeframe.

If his is healing more at the 6 week rate than the 4 week rate then he will likely feel pain, but probably not anything he can't play through. I've broken my foot before and the pain gets a ton more bearable after about two weeks.

The only problem is, he is risking making it worse by playing on it if it's not fully healed. If he plays on it and makes it worse he may need surgery later on. So that's the risk. Well and also the risk that the pain is affecting him enough to make him goalie worse, but it'd be hard to play worse than Domingue lol.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Yeah could just be some mind games at play.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Guys at 90% might not play game 6 but tgey damn sure play game 7

Like if crosby doesn’t get cleared there is a chance that erod is going to suddenly get a “face lift to look exactly like sid” tonight or be wearing a shaded visor covering his face and magically have the game of his life while sid is mysteriously unable to be found… caise Sid ain’t missing this one

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

They do need to be medically cleared as well

Whether that’s happened yet 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad