• Kings in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sam had a pass go up the boards to him in his zone, lost a puck battle and slowly skated to be behind the eventual goal scorer on the 5th goal. Didn't look good for him there.
Thanks, I didn't actually watch the full game. Just bits and pieces. He did seem off yesterday just in the bit I did watch. At end of game he looked sad, like his NHL career was over. Would like to see him get a few looks in playoffs but not sure that will ever happen.

Everyone loves Ferraro. I HATED EVERY TIME I HEARD HIS VOICE
f***ing annoying eh? The whole tone of his Angry Dad voice. When he gets there lookout. lol. Is he a dad? Would be tough grading his kids. lol

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Wow, a certain someone picked LAK in 6?

rWAOxK.gif
Lmao

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I like the depth a bit more, it’s not much deeper but I think the new guys are more suitable for the playoffs.

Skinner doesn’t look much better this season compared to last, I really hope he finds a new gear in the playoffs. The defense simply has to step it up from last playoffs, they weren’t good enough and Skinner shouldn’t have to face grade A chances left and right.
The depth is a big reason why this team is near the top or #1 in a lot of 5v5 categories. They're out performing last year's depth by a fair margin. They're built better for the cycle. They're built better for team defence. To me its not even close when you look at the entire picture.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I really don't think the Oilers will have to re invent the wheel with the Kings. They cracked the Kings before and the Kings didn't get better. They got worse

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Corey Perry getting his Worm-Dance Playoff Ready!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Vitalik is an incredible dancer <a href="https://t.co/QrLnwI4qQf">pic.twitter.com/QrLnwI4qQf</a></p>&mdash; gaut is doing nothing (@0xgaut) <a href="">April 19, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Someone needs to remind Stu to check his stick when it’s stomped. We can’t be gifting any goals in the playoffs.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Took a quick spin through the mains and had to laugh at ridiculously stupid Leaf/Flame/Nuck fans referring to a matchup against the Kings as "yet another first round bye for the Oilers."

The mental math that they take the time to piece together that allows them to tell themselves "NO! OILERS ARENT ACTUALLY GOOD!" is equal parts comical and pathetic. Exercise in getting ahead of the narrative so they can explain why the Oilers aren't actually good if we end up going places.
The Nucks are just projecting. They know Nashville will inevitably spank them. Calgary at this point dreams about getting spanked by Nashville. lol

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
If LA wanted to lose they wouldn’t have given up only 14 shots. Talbot was just bad.

They have a great record against the Canucks this year and almost beat us both times in the playoffs. There is zero chance imo they think it’s an easier route to the cup through Dallas, Colorado, Winnipeg.

They even said they were getting updates on the bench on the Vegas game. If they wanted to lose that would be irrelevant.
Watch the 3rd period.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
It says something about this team when both LA and Vegas were clearly trying to tank their last game. I'm actually surprised that Arvidsson hit the net for the tying goal.
Arvidsson was taking a shit, when they decided to tank.

The depth is a big reason why this team is near the top or #1 in a lot of 5v5 categories. They're out performing last year's depth by a fair margin. They're built better for the cycle. They're built better for team defence. To me its not even close when you look at the entire picture.
Foegele and McLeod with the seasons they had gave the Oilers not just solid but an elite third line, something they did not have in many years. Then add Perry, Henrique, and Carrick. Indeed, I'd argue even Brown in his specific niche is an upgrade on what they had before (Yamamoto, Puljujaarvi who were neither great offensive players, nor did they provide much grit, pk or defensive plays). That's a deep and skilled forward corps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Foegele and McLeod with the seasons they had gave the Oilers not just solid but an elite third line, something they did not have in many years. Then add Perry, Henrique, and Carrick. Indeed, I'd argue even Brown in his specific niche is an upgrade on what they had before (Yamamoto, Puljujaarvi who were neither great offensive players, nor did they provide much grit, pk or defensive plays). That's a deep and skilled forward corps.
I was thinking last night, this still might be the first Oilers playoff team in the McDavid era where *at least* with the forwards there aren't any guys I'd look at and go "oh god X is on the ice again." Maybe Carrick since I haven't been terribly impressed with him so far but other than that I don't know.

2 years ago we were watching Kassian, Archibald, Yamamoto, Puljujarvi, and a younger McLeod take regular shifts in the playoffs.

The only real fear this time is that guys like RNH and McLeod will ghost.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I was thinking last night, this still might be the first Oilers playoff team in the McDavid era where *at least* with the forwards there aren't any guys I'd look at and go "oh god X is on the ice again." Maybe Carrick since I haven't been terribly impressed with him so far but other than that I don't know.

2 years ago we were watching Kassian, Archibald, Yamamoto, Puljujarvi, and a younger McLeod take regular shifts in the playoffs.
i actually like Carrick. I did not have any problem with Ryan on the fourth line, but I think Carrick is an upgrade.

2for1PizzaPastuh

Jan 13, 2023
Is LA's roster sans goaltenders better or worse than this time last year, and by how much? They lost a lot in the PLD trade but Byfield has emerged and has even been projected to make Team Canada 2026.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad