• Kings in 5

• Kings in 6

• Kings in 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
After the DOD and thinking we'd never get to see ploffs again, I don't care who the opponent is, I'm hyped regardless.
I am excited for playoff hockey regardless.
I rather be sad and pissed they lose in the playoffs than sad and pissed that they were a bottom 10 team again. Thats for sure.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yup. These few seasons are probably the best shot this team will have at a Cup in the next few decades. These are memories that will last a lifetime. Buckle up and enjoy the ride !
This season is our best chance, only gets harder from here with the cap and our prospect pool the way it is.

Reactions: Puljulainen

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I am excited for playoff hockey regardless.
I rather be sad and pissed they lose in the playoffs than sad and pissed that they were a bottom 10 team again. Thats for sure.
I'll compare it to WC. I get pissed or sad, initially, when Germany loses or Canada loses but the spectacle is Win Win regardless and the entertainment great. Just by following it we win. Just my perspective that the SC playoffs and the World Cup are the greatest things in sports in the world. To me nothing comes close. Its a great time of year, and in the case of WC a great time every 4yrs.

I didn't understand this initially when younger but the arguably greatest time in playoffs is starting first round with so many ducks in the bathtub. ;) Mind you back when the Oilers entered NHL a lot of first round matchups were not great when 16/21 teams made playoffs. Now most of the clubs in playoffs are worthy of being there and offer competition.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
It says something about this team when both LA and Vegas were clearly trying to tank their last game. I'm actually surprised that Arvidsson hit the net for the tying goal.

Reactions: Mr Positive

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
It says something about this team when both LA and Vegas were clearly trying to tank their last game. I'm actually surprised that Arvidsson hit the net for the tying goal.
Tank how....like this?
received_312479915006599.jpeg

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So was the LA Bench. "Like WTF guy" ;)

Talbot is either awful or he was in on the script. Late in game AFTER the Arviddsson tying goal he almost knocks the puck in his net swiping at a nothing play with his stick. So clumsy, so rattled. Talbot was shaky af or trying to lose. Talbot had already let in 3 shots in a row in the third period.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
My first thought is that Dallas' cup odds seem too low. That's a really good team.
Probably because of the tough matchups they will have. Defending champs, then the winner of Winnipeg and Colorado. Dallas could be in for a long couple of rounds. I agree though, they are the scariest team we could face I think.

More worried about the Ceci-Nurse pair than Skinner.
Yeah, Ceci is probably the weak link there but with Ekholm and Bouchard taking more minutes and Desharnais' maturing over they year I hope we don't have to rely on the Nurse pairing so heavily.

Reactions: McOilers97

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I think you can only properly interpret this after consuming mushrooms.

Edit - copious amounts of mushrooms.
I mean the Tetris structure is weird for sure, and I don't know exactly what his metric is, however he ranks everything out of 100.

Each series, each division, each conference and the league in total, and then gives each teams weights in that. So for the Cup he has Carolina and Edmonton weighted the highest and Washington weighted so low they get a 0 for the cup.

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
So was the LA Bench. "Like WTF guy" ;)

Talbot is either awful or he was in on the script. Late in game AFTER the Arviddsson tying goal he almost knocks the puck in his net swiping at a nothing play with his stick. So clumsy, so rattled. Talbot was shaky af or trying to lose. Talbot had already let in 3 shots in a row in the third period.
I must be naive. I just cant envision a situation where pro athletes actively attempt to toss a game. I can see not giving a care and not trying 100%, but actively doing things to be scored on or purposely missing scoring attempts is hard for me to conceive. I’m sure it occurs though, sadly.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
I must be naive. I just cant envision a situation where pro athletes actively attempt to toss a game. I can see not giving a care and not trying 100%, but actively doing things to be scored on or purposely missing scoring attempts is hard for me to conceive. I’m sure it occurs though, sadly.
Dallas decimated LA in the regular season. Def weren't throwing, just sloppy out there, I suppose

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm half being tongue in cheek and half don't know but the Knights look to have been throwing for weeks. Did you see their collapse against Yotes giving up 6GA in the third. It would only be more suspicious is they were shooting pucks at their net. hehe.

I think in reality though in the backs of minds the teams had some mixed resolve. I think it might feature on some level.

The thing as well is the Knights already got theirs. SC winning teams seldom do anything the followup season and sometimes don't even make playoffs. for the Knights the playoffs will be hard and every series hard anyway. Like they said in Vietnam if you have to die its better to get the bullet the first week. No way that would be a conscious process of thought but perhaps unconscious.

No teams seem to repeat as Cup winners in this day and age. Maybe only during the pandemic time. Dallas could just represent the quickest silver bullet that gets the golf clubs out (yuck)

Last edited:
Reactions: brentashton

Ruok

Feeling Hyman.
Jun 21, 2011
It would be real sweet for the Oilers to be on the right side of a first round sweep. But LA has been a tough out last two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad