GDT: Round 1 - Game 5 - Colorado Avalanche @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, April 30th, 2024 - 8:30pm CDT - CBC/Sportsnet West - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Everyone has been awful to varying degrees and relative to expectations. Ehlers (the whole 2nd line really), Pionk, Hellebuyck, Stanley the biggest but the list doesn't end there. No hint of production from anyone outside of Namestnikov sometimes.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
I will never understand why Bowness never pulled Hellebuyck.

He's been allowing 5 goals a game. Did he think he would lower that to 4 goals a game?

He should've put Brossoit in game 4 when the Jets still had a chance to win this series.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I will never understand why Bowness never pulled Hellebuyck.

He's been allowing 5 goals a game. Did he think he would lower that to 4 goals a game?

He should've put Brossoit in game 4 when the Jets still had a chance to win this series.

Ah yes, Hellebuyck is the reason we lost the series. Right...

Do people even watch the games when they post here?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
The Jets are the perfect warmup team in the first round. Not too much of a challenge. Let you play your game and fine tune some things. Build confidence.

That being said, while the Avs are good, they're not that good. They just zeroed in on exactly what gave the Jets trouble (probably watched video of the Preds game from April 9).

Not shocked the Jets shit the bed again in an elimination game. This is the team that appeared in 2018 vs. Vegas and turns up again every spring...
To be fair, the Avs were the top scoring team in the league and just lit up the top defensive team. I think they'll give the next team fits, too if Georgiev keeps playing OK

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
yeah, that's 2 games this series where avs got away with everything, game 3 they decided to give up 10 mins in a row worth of calls which cost us now this game two blatant non calls led to 2 avs goals 30 seconds later
RockLobster having a senior moment and is in the wrong thread!

Aphid

Oct 19, 2014
I barely recognize most of the players on this team compared to the regular season. It's not the same team. Considering the year they had, this team should not be out this early to this team. The only explanation I can think of is they choked. That includes Hellebuyck who let in some stinkers.

It's a shame as they really had a legit chance this year but threw it all away.

Reactions: johnnyonthspot
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad