GDT: Round 1 - Game 5 - Colorado Avalanche @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, April 30th, 2024 - 8:30pm CDT - CBC/Sportsnet West - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinther

Feb 28, 2016
I feel like I would feel a lot better about the series if it was 2-2 right now and the Jets lost tonight to make it 3-2, than if they win tonight to make it 3-2. It’s funny how the mind works.

For me it is the same. But might be the result of the last 3 games - had we somehow managed to either score on the 2nd period PP and get up 2-1 after we killed 2 Avalance PP at the start of the period in the 4th game, or avoided the 3rd period penalty streak to go from lucky 2-1 victory to a 2-6 defeat. I think it would have been easier to believe in the team even if a win there and a loss tonight would be the same 3-2 as a win tonight would give now

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
We are going to win this one.
1714507371110.gif

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Considering they didn't change it all year it's obviously wishful thinking, but I'd really love to see a little more pressure on the PK. Passivity is looking like death against the Avs PP.
#firebradlauer

If they do lose and the powerkill and penalty kill both suck, I'm going to root around for @Ponds post outlining Lauer's history with the Ducks as their special team coach and re-post it daily in the off-season. :sarcasm:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Bones finally gives the people the lines we had been begging for and it only took getting to the brink of elimination to get there.:laugh:
No truer words have been spoken.
Why are we not surprised that it took this long?
Doing it in the last game after a bad series shelters Bones from criticism. If we lose, at least he tried something different. If we win, he’s a genius. (and then goes back to his true form the next game).
This is right in line with his extreme affection for safety.

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
Do you guys think there is a short leash for Helle tonight? Say if Colorado scores 2 quick goals, even if they are both not his fault, do you think he gets the hook? Or do you think he has already told Bones, no matter what hes staying in the entire game, win or lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad