GDT: Round 1 - Game 5 - Colorado Avalanche @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, April 30th, 2024 - 8:30pm CDT - CBC/Sportsnet West - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well after pouting for a couple days, I decided I'm still going to the game tonight. I'll still be a fan and support them through good and bad. I think the 7-0 win at the end of the season was akin to a hockey Pearl Harbor and they awoke a sleeping giant.

Avs weren't even trying to win that game. They were using it to suck jets into playing a run and gun style game and to study them. :laugh: 3D chess. Or is it 4D?

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
I've got big Kevin Hayes vibes from Toffoli, doesn't seem to want to be here. His effort level moved him to the 4th line just like Hayes.

Yeah unfortunately that acquisition didn’t work out. I don’t see us prioritizing resigning Toffoli in the offseason at all (frankly I think he’s far down on the list and would be surprised if meaningful discussions on that even take place).

On a related note, Merek today talking about other teams offer sheet to Perfetti is not an educated comment: Toffoli ain’t staying, which opens a clear hole for Perfetti to fill in our top-6 for us next year. Bones’ strange decisions re: Perfetti doesn’t have anything to do with Chevy’s long term vision of this 20y player in Winnipeg.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I like seeing these lines and hope they do well. It's a tough spot to put some guys in that haven't played in a while (Miller, Perfetti), but that's on the coaches. It would have been good to use Miller more when we got him, and to move the lines around more when they're not working.

I hope the team responds and gives it their best effort of the season.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I don't even need a win tonight as objectively I think the jets are in tough to win this series. I need to see some quality hockey from our boys though. Give the fans something to scream about. We aren't the leafs don't come out on home ice like that.
Part of me 100% agrees with this, at least go out with a fight.

Other part of me wants to see epic destruction in hopes this wakes management up to the need for real change.

Thinking nothing can convince them of that based on past experience. So let's go with a solid effort to give the fans (including us here) something to cheer about.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

As a certified Jets hater said on Twitter, it took until an elimination game for Bowness to ice their best lineup. This is so f***ing frustrating. You absolute muppet.

Realistically, I'm just glad Ehlers didn't get Enstrom'd.

No kidding. It took until now for him to admit Toffoli has been a dud as well. This should have been in for last game after loosing b2b.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad