GDT: Round 1 - Game 2 - Colorado Avalanche @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024 - 8:30pm CDT - CBC - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
A little further on this subject ........... Both Schmidt and Miller played every game when VGK knocked us out and went on to win the Cup in '18. Each played in all 20 games and scored 7 pts. Of course they are older now, but that is a mix of good and bad. Both have better foot speed than Stanley does.

Washington won the cup in 18 …..

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Vinther

Feb 28, 2016
Either way we have no control over the line up and I tend to believe stars have more control over whether we win or lose then the 6th d or 12th forward.

I would like to see a little bit more faith from Bones in the 4th line & 3rd pairing in terms of ice time. But admitted the not likely that the players he select will get less time than the one he have in the press box. So I just hope they play well and make it easier for us as a team to win

I still fear our PK more than any of our 5v5 formations

Reactions: Adam da bomb

WpgSteve

Nov 5, 2018
My prediction for tonight:

Jets score 4 goals on the first 6 shots. Georgiev gets pulled. Holm let's in 6 goals in 7 shots and leaves the ice in tears. Colorado plays the rest of the game with 6 skaters and the Jets score15 goals on the empty net.

Final score: Jets 25, Avs 0

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada

Jets score 4 goals on the first 6 shots. Georgiev gets pulled. Holm let's in 6 goals in 7 shots and leaves the ice in tears. Colorado plays the rest of the game with 6 skaters and the Jets score15 goals on the empty net.

I'd have more faith in your prediction is Holm was playing tonight.

Spoiler alert - he isn't.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Depth is important in the playoffs. Rolling your lines confidently keeps everyone rested as much as possible. I think Schmidt gets the start on the road over Stanley. Samberg needs to be on his strong side, especially against what is likely the fastest or 2nd fastest team in the league.
More concerned about how that second line ehlers line has to get going. Everyone knows Colorado don’t have depth so that means they are seeing some really soft lines they have to win against.

Reactions: Buffdog

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
More concerned about how that second line ehlers line has to get going. Everyone knows Colorado don’t have depth so that means they are seeing some really soft lines they have to win against.
Its more of a concern how their second line was crushing us...

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
i read the first sentence, realized you live in a fantasy world and moved on.

there is no world where Schmidt is a better skater than 44. None.
Difference between being a good skater and a fast skater. I never claimed Schmidt was a better skater. Morrissey is a fantastic skater, his straight line speed has always been wildly overrated because people think good skater=fast skater.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

I like it!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Difference between being a good skater and a fast skater. I never claimed Schmidt was a better skater. Morrissey is a fantastic skater, his straight line speed has always been wildly overrated because people think good skater=fast skater.

Lateral skating is far more important.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Lateral skating is far more important.
Really depends on the situation.

I may have started drinking too early

1000007266.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad