GDT: Round 1 - Game 2 - Colorado Avalanche @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024 - 8:30pm CDT - CBC - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Huge game tonight. Gotta buck that Vegas trend of winning Game 1 then blowing it.

Need to be better defensively. Helle needs to be sharper. And the boys needs to stick to their game, not trying to run and gun with MacKinnon.

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
Will appleton get another penalty for playing for a canadian team?

giphy.gif

Will Pionk cause another 5 goals?
giphy (1).gif

Stay tuned tonight!
aa060979-26f1-4bb9-9e2c-9d8171a61fa8_text.gif

Last edited:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Puck management is huge vs a counter attack team like the Avs. Turnovers at both bluelines and on the breakout are a great way to bleed high danger chances

Pucks out, pucks deep
Yup - when you get it DEEP a couple things happen:

You activate our very strong forecheck which will especially cause problems for the Avs bottom 3 D (I don't think they're that good).
It allows our guys to get set to disrupt the Avs speed through the neutral zone which was the main cause of our issues last game (along with some really sloppy puck management in our zone).
If the Avs aren't attacking our blueline with speed, that lets our D gap up with support and causes some big problems for them.

We have a vociferous debate about why a guy like Ehlers giveaways are particularily troublesome, and the reason is a quick transition offense like the Avalanche feed off that. I'm not trying to single Nik out (I thought he was pretty good last game), but also things like Pionks terrible pass to Vilardi that led to Nichuskin's goal. I put 80% of the blame on Pionk, but it's not like he had a lot of support either.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Forecast calls for a 0% chance of me getting any work done today. Go Jets Go!
Between the game tonight and following Trump's trial all day, zero chance of me getting away from this screen today.

Well, except for when Mrs. Wizard refuses to let me bring my lunch up here to my office.....

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
I sure hope you're right.

An insane counter but do you think there's any world besides injury where Bones starts Brossoit?

I'm not saying we will need to but just an interesting thing to think about
Well......Bro does have better numbers 😬. I'll counter your crazy counter and ask if Brossoit is the best goalie in the league.

• Wow
Reactions: Ponds

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Guys what do I do?

Get up at 5am for the 3rd or wake up at a reasonable hour and somehow miraculously avoid all social media, HF and other spoilers and watch the replay in full :help::laugh:

I'm a big fan of staying off social media and avoiding spoilers until I can see the game in full - makes it more exciting that way.

EDIT: I'm also not on any social media platforms, so this is easy for me to say/do haha

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I'm a big fan of staying off social media and avoiding spoilers until I can see the game in full - makes it more exciting that way.

EDIT: I'm also not on any social media platforms, so this is easy for me to say/do haha
It's just Instagram for me. Have the bad habit of opening it when I get up. But it's more I wanna be able to jump in the GDT too.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
It's just Instagram for me. Have the bad habit of opening it when I get up. But it's more I wanna be able to jump in the GDT too.

Oh yeah, staying out of HF and the GDT is tough! Also, being in Winnipeg, the Jets are on TV everywhere so avoiding accidental spoilers is tough.

Reactions: Ponds

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Guys what do I do?

Get up at 5am for the 3rd or wake up at a reasonable hour and somehow miraculously avoid all social media, HF and other spoilers and watch the replay in full :help::laugh:

Stay up all night, watch the game, call in tomorrow saying you are having vision problems.

(You don't see yourself going into work that day)

:naughty:

(Seriously, that is a tough one; either way it'd be a sacrifice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad