Series Discussion Round 1 - Dallas vs Vegas

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
It's the NHL. Cheats prosper. Vegas will win, but there needs to be an outcry about their cap circumvention. It's beyond a joke now.

It’s bs what’s happening to you guys. I think every fan base around the league sees what’s happening and feels for you guys

Here’s hoping you go into their barn and win 2 🏆

Series isn’t over!

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
From the start of the playoff series last season to today, the goal differential in the matchup over these 11 games is 20 GF to 39 GA for a -19 goal differential. Vegas is outscoring the Stars an average of 1.7 goals per game head to head.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
From the start of the playoff series last season to today, the goal differential in the matchup over these 11 games is 20 GF to 39 GA for a -19 goal differential. Vegas is outscoring the Stars an average of 1.7 goals per game head to head.
That's a strange way to look at things. I could spin it another way by saying 5 of the 8 playoff games have been 1 goal games removing ENGs.

Reactions: Kipper 17
Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I said this the other day and got crucified. But look at Pete's track record in the playoffs. He has his point shot strategy and once you shut that down his teams struggle. His style is predictable and doesn't adjust well when teams clog up the lanes.

Idk if it's because they played for him before or what, but Vegas knows how to win the boards and protect the house. There's no point shots to deflect. Cassidy knows how to shut down Pete's system like no other coach.

Actually, Bowness knew how to shut it down as well, and it's why the Stars beat Vegas in 5 back in 2020. Now the script is flipped.

DeBoer puts up good regular season numbers but doesn't get it done in the playoffs - it's why Vegas fired him and then promptly won the Cup. It's why I wanted him fired back in March, so that the team would have a coach who knows how to make adjustments when the opponent is shutting you down.

Oh well, getting bounced in Round 1 as the #1 seed should hopefully piss off Gaglardi enough to demand a new coach. It also saves me a lot of time in May if the Stars aren't actually good enough to win a Cup anyway.

(Hintz being invisible is once again proving me right about trading him at his peak for an upcoming RD rather than extending him - damn it's annoying to be right all the time :D )

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Actually, Bowness knew how to shut it down as well, and it's why the Stars beat Vegas in 5 back in 2020. Now the script is flipped.

DeBoer puts up good regular season numbers but doesn't get it done in the playoffs - it's why Vegas fired him and then promptly won the Cup. It's why I wanted him fired back in March, so that the team would have a coach who knows how to make adjustments when the opponent is shutting you down.

Oh well, getting bounced in Round 1 as the #1 seed should hopefully piss off Gaglardi enough to demand a new coach. It also saves me a lot of time in May if the Stars aren't actually good enough to win a Cup anyway.

(Hintz being invisible is once again proving me right about trading him at his peak for an upcoming RD rather than extending him - damn it's annoying to be right all the time :D )

That Stars team under Bowness didn't have to deal with Pietrangelo and Eichel back in 2020.

Reactions: Sports2 and LT

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006

Hintz has to be dealing with some kind of injury.

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023

How emotional/ impulsive is Gaglardi as an owner? Or is he more methodical and strategic in his approach?

Would he actually fire Peter DeBoer after 1st round exit ?

• Haha
Reactions: Elysian

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
How emotional/ impulsive is Gaglardi as an owner? Or is he more methodical and strategic in his approach?

Gagliardi hasn't seemed to have a ton of say since 2017. It was speculated he was behind the hiring of Ken Hitchcock for his single year here. Since then, Nill has been completely in charge.

Nill is extremely patient, to the point where it's a fault. DeBoer will have to miss the playoffs for his seat to get hot within the next two years.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Hope Pete is using these 2 days to study every game Vegas was dominated in last post season and finding some adjustments. Not holding our hope though.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Management has two potential game plans to follow - the 2015-2019 Sharks* or the 2020-2022 Knights. Let's hope they're smart enough to realize windows don't stay open forever, and they choose wisely.

*The way people talked about those San Jose teams is starting to sound eerily similar to this current Stars team.

Hintz has to be dealing with some kind of injury.
He almost always is (last season being the lone exception) - it's a big part of why I wanted to trade him while he was at peak value.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South

gags is impulsive, comes out in every interview. nill though is as levelheaded as it gets, the classic, takes a long time to turn a big ship. it would appear that nill has earned the trust/respect of gags enough that he runs the show now.

Reactions: LT

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
It’s bs what’s happening to you guys. I think every fan base around the league sees what’s happening and feels for you guys

Here’s hoping you go into their barn and win 2 🏆

Series isn’t over!
You are not wrong. The series is not over. Dallas is really good on the road. They also go through stretches where they lose and then follow it up with a ton of wins in a row. Hope they rip off 4 wins in a row.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad