Series Discussion Round 1 - Dallas vs Vegas

northstars

May 11, 2016
Saskatchewan
Preds and Avs look like they're gonna split their series' tonight at 1-1. Really hope we can do the same tomorrow.

Canucks losing Demko for possibly their whole series honestly might be costly. Preds up 3-0 halfway through the game
Each team with 12 shots through 2 periods. A real barn burner!!

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I saw someone on Twitter from the Stars marketing/PR dept say a few days ago how so excited they were for everyone to see what they had in store for playoffs. Oops.

• Haha
Reactions: redbeardtx

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I saw someone on Twitter from the Stars marketing/PR dept say a few days ago how so excited they were for everyone to see what they had in store for playoffs. Oops.
Perhaps some boomer there confused AI with cyber and thought they had the smartest, best campaign since sliced bread

• Haha
Reactions: Elysian

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
While I am admittedly too superstitious, I don't like your playoff avatar of "We Deserve It." No one deserves the Stanley Cup, it must be earned. Hopefully the Stars don't read your posts and adopt that kind of attitude. (I doubt they do)
You should see all the others in the exact same format.

Its tongue in cheek, and purposefully over the top.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I’m going to call it. Vegas is going to win the Cup with relative ease. Adding Hertl and Hanifin has made this Vegas team better than last season’s Cup winner.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I’m going to call it. Vegas is going to win the Cup with relative ease. Adding Hertl and Hanifin has made this Vegas team better than last season’s Cup winner.

I certainly don't see any team in the West beating them. Not sure the East stands a chance either

Depends on Vegas' goaltending a bit though. If they play some elite talent like McDavid or MacKinnon it'll be tougher for them. We don't have the top tier talent so they can just easily sit back and defend/counter against us

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I certainly don't see any team in the West beating them. Not sure the East stands a chance either

Depends on Vegas' goaltending a bit though. If they play some elite talent like McDavid or MacKinnon it'll be tougher for them. We don't have the top tier talent so they can just easily sit back and defend/counter against us

Goatlending is 85% a team game and that team is very good at denying possession and blocking shots.

So...

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
It's the NHL. Cheats prosper. Vegas will win, but there needs to be an outcry about their cap circumvention. It's beyond a joke now.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'm rooting for a Vegas colorado 2nd round.
Want to see who gets the most help from the refs in a series with both the NHL darlings

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
I said this the other day and got crucified. But look at Pete's track record in the playoffs. He has his point shot strategy and once you shut that down his teams struggle. His style is predictable and doesn't adjust well when teams clog up the lanes.

Idk if it's because they played for him before or what, but Vegas knows how to win the boards and protect the house. There's no point shots to deflect. Cassidy knows how to shut down Pete's system like no other coach.

Reactions: redbeardtx

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
gm2final.JPG

2-0 on the meter AINEC. Meter champs. WDI

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
The test results have come back- no dawgs in them to be found. Not a dawg in sight. Perfectly healthy, I’m afraid.

Normal_posteroanterior_%28PA%29_chest_radiograph_%28X-ray%29.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Johno and olli

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I did a post in the last month of the season I think after the Florida game, my main worry with Dallas despite boasting a #2 offense, they don't have "the guy".. no one to step up and be the hero needed to tie a game late.

We can score when we have the game on our terms, can get by softer defenses, but you need someone different when it's late and need a goal

In 2 instances we've needed someone to step up and get us that goal, But seems everyone just looks at each other and no one wants to make the play to score the goal.

The only problem with having 8 x 20 goal scorers, I feel there is an air of complacency, they don't have to skate as hard....someone else will do it...just don't have that someone in moments needed.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I did a post in the last month of the season I think after the Florida game, my main worry with Dallas despite boasting a #2 offense, they don't have "the guy".. no one to step up and be the hero needed to tie a game late.

We can score when we have the game on our terms, can get by softer defenses, but you need someone different when it's late and need a goal

In 2 instances we've needed someone to step up and get us that goal, But seems everyone just looks at each other and no one wants to make the play to score the goal.

The only problem with having 8 x 20 goal scorers, I feel there is an air of complacency, they don't have to skate as hard....someone else will do it...just don't have that someone in moments needed.
Deboer seems like he's thrown the entire roll 4 lines thing right out the window, that's not helping. He's not a line matching coach, and the matchups are exposing us. Hintz is most commonly playing against Eichel, who is just plain better. Deboer is also really screwing the D over with all the juggling so he can play Lundkvist under 10 minutes a night, while Lundkvist is actually playing well. Deboer is shooting himself in the dick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad