Series Discussion Round 1 - Dallas vs Vegas

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Wonder if there is any meaning to the Stars going with the neon green theme for their social media. Possibly wearing our blackouts for all home games, similar to what the Hurricanes are doing?

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I'm not worried about starting on Monday. The boys will get even more rest and because I'm going to smoke myself into stupor tomorrow that won't wear off until Monday anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: Elysian

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
I would love to see Tor/Bos fans reaction to having home playoff games start this late. It's such bullshit that we have to deal with this every year.

Reactions: Zapp

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Game 1 of Leafs and Bruins is on a 8ET.
Game 1 of Stars-Vegas is 8:30 central.
Comparatively it's a whole 30mins later local. whats the big deal?

Even still the normal 7:30 to 8:30 is 1hour. I don't get you're guys constant bitching about the start times.

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX

Even still the normal 7:30 to 8:30 is 1hour. I don't get you're guys constant bitching about the start times.
There should be an * next to each of those start times. 8:30 pm CT = maybe 9:00 pm CT local puck drop.

Do you have a full time job and kids? It's very hard for a lot of people to commit to staying up until midnight (if not later for OT) on weeknights.

I'm sick of the league catering to the east coast.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

Damn. They gotta play like 2 games that will definitely start on time at 8pm? The hardship.

I bitch because it's never 8:30, they always push the shit until 8:50 most of the time instead of just starting the game on a secondary channel at 8:30 and going from there.

Dunno about you, but my job doesn't give a f*** how late a game goes, so if there's any OT at all, I can basically kiss sleep goodbye.

Reactions: TrillMike

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Damn. They gotta play like 2 games that will definitely start on time at 8pm? The hardship.

I bitch because it's never 8:30, they always push the shit until 8:50 most of the time instead of just starting the game on a secondary channel at 8:30 and going from there.

Dunno about you, but my job doesn't give a f*** how late a game goes, so if there's any OT at all, I can basically kiss sleep goodbye.
It's the same for every game, the schedule "start" time is never the puck drop time. It's a legitimate gripe that the start time should be no more than 5 minutes out from puck drop, but there's always been a 15-20minute offset between start and puck drop, even in the regular season.
No job gives a f*** about how late something off hours goes.
There should be an * next to each of those start times. 8:30 pm CT = maybe 9:00 pm CT local puck drop.

Do you have a full time job and kids? It's very hard for a lot of people to commit to staying up until midnight (if not later for OT) on weeknights.

I'm sick of the league catering to the east coast.
It's not catering to the east coast.
It's about the opponent and trying to balance times to cater to both fan bases for the best possible viewership.
They're a pacific time zone team, the starts were going to be later, regardless if Vegas or LA.

Reactions: Satan

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

it sucks - 11pm start on my tiny lil island........ but really itll be closer to 11:30 than 11

i look forward to sleeping on the couch for the next couple of months but my back does not

Reactions: M88K

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
It's about the opponent and trying to balance times to cater to both fan bases for the best possible viewership.
They're a pacific time zone team, the starts were going to be later, regardless if Vegas or LA.
If that's the case then we better not get any 9:30 CST puck drops when we're in Vegas.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

Some people wake up at 4:30am to get ready for work.

Its me, I'm people. I'm also eastern time.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Some people wake up at 4:30am to get ready for work.

Its me, I'm people. I'm also eastern time.
Yes and there's people that work evenings and will miss the whole game. Unfortunately someone is getting f***ed with a start time regardless of where it is. 8:30 doesn't seem unreasonable to me. I'd love if every game started at 8pm personally, +/- 30mins is no big deal. Though i do wish the start time was the actual puck drop instead of having to listen to a bunch of dumb shit for 15-20mins

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Yes and there's people that work evenings and will miss the whole game. Unfortunately someone is getting f***ed with a start time regardless of where it is. 8:30 doesn't seem unreasonable to me. I'd love if every game started at 8pm personally, +/- 30mins is no big deal. Though i do wish the start time was the actual puck drop instead of having to listen to a bunch of dumb shit for 15-20mins
i think they do the sport an injustice by starting later in the playoffs. a lot of ppl can't make it all the way in an OT or 2/3 OT game. they miss one of the best things the game has to offer.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Teasing Stone's return already is wild

Kind of wonder how much of is gamesmanship . I do remember when during the 2020 run Stars had pretty much all the injured players skating in non-contact jerseys that could even if they weren't anywhere close to actually playing a game

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
And I’m glad the national broadcast schedule confirms I can go ahead and cancel Bally’s.

I honestly haven't watched a game in a few months since I dropped cable and decided Bally's hasn't deserved my money. But then again the NHL doesn't deserve my money either for a lot of reasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad