Prospect Info: Round 1, 7th overall: Matvei Michkov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There’s nothing until the contract is terminated. It was always anyone’s guess as to when that was to happen assuming it did before his contract expired.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Di Marco jumped right on the Kolosov report the other day while ASF took a similar stance to the one he’s taking today (I don’t know). :laugh:
Such a f***ing fraud.

If it came down to Torts or Michkov who would you pick? The organization may have to make that decision if Torts gives him the Frost treatment.

Michkov actually has leverage. One scratch could have him looking to go home.
I'm sure the guy who finally makes it to the NHL will be in a position where he can't wait to go home to Russia, a country run by a mafia state that has very credible rumours of killing his own father.

Some people will literally say anything to shit on this franchise.

• Love
Reactions: FlyguyOX

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Such a f***ing fraud.

I'm sure the guy who finally makes it to the NHL will be in a position where he can't wait to go home to Russia, a country run by a mafia state that has very credible rumours of killing his own father.

Some people will literally say anything to shit on this franchise.
Michkov. The correct answer is you choose Michkov over Torts.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Get him to North America first, worry about all else second. Take this chance while we have it.

I can not wait to see this guy in Philadelphia. The most excited I've ever been for a Flyers debut.
The Gulf of Finland is not frozen over this time of year, escaping by ice would have been the easiest way to escape Kronstadt.

Reactions: Redpath

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t think the reports overseas whether it’s this or the Kolosov reports can be outright dismissed as obviously in the past we’ve seen reports like this from overseas end up being true as time moves on. Those entities aren’t restricted by the NHL on NHL news like the media is here.

Essentially I’m not taking it as gospel but at the same time I’m not outright dismissing it either.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I thought the transfer agreement would prevent Michkov from leaving early?
Doesn’t apply to no contract. He would be a free agent in Europe.

Transfer agreement just means there’s an official negotiated process between the leagues. If there isn’t one, clubs simply negotiate on a per contract basis.
It’s the opposite I think. Clubs cannot pay other teams’ contracts off. Players usually have to buy them off.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
ok, someone let me know if what I was reading on google this morning is for real or am I seeing crap and need to have my head examined. which doctors haven't found anything in.

Michkov contract with KHL is going to be terminated from this rumor i read. I hate rumors. I want official.

I hope this is for real and I'm not going bat S%^t crazy or I'm seeing Stars and if you play this song, make sure your speakers are loud where the neighboors will call the cops.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
ok, someone let me know if what I was reading on google this morning is for real or am I seeing crap and need to have my head examined. which doctors haven't found anything in.

Michkov contract with KHL is going to be terminated from this rumor i read. I hate rumors. I want official.

I hope this is for real and I'm not going bat S%^t crazy or I'm seeing Stars and if you play this song, make sure your speakers are loud where the neighboors will call the cops.

Good song.

Stoked to see Michkov in the league even if it’s with the Flyers as a Penguins fan.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Yeah, and there is no way they will trade him to any other KHL club. So the only explanation is he's leaving the KHL. And what can he leave the KHL for? We know the answer.

They don't need to resolve any legal details to loan him to another KHL club.
Sorry tongue in cheek comment lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad