Roster Thread (2023-2024 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Here's hoping a legit top 4 Dmen shakes loose in the near future. I've got Savoie on table for that.

Would be nice if a goaltender could be found too.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Here's hoping a legit top 4 Dmen shakes loose in the near future. I've got Savoie on table for that.

I think one could definitely be in the organization already. We’ll know a lot more about what we have this season

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

Aren’t he and Benson good buds though? Sounds silly, but I’m already in “don’t mess with it” territory. More willing to give up picks and.. shit. Krebs?

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Aren’t he and Benson good buds though? Sounds silly, but I’m already in “don’t mess with it” territory. More willing to give up picks and.. shit. Krebs?
Probably are good buds. I'm not sure Krebs is enough to get anything.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I wouldn't say Bryson had a "great" camp either..

Remember, all we see are the preseason games. We don't see the actual "camp" part of camp. It's entirely possible that Bryson did indeed have a great camp....but we only see the preseason games.

It's not like the NFL where every practice is meticulously documented.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Remember, all we see are the preseason games. We don't see the actual "camp" part of camp. It's entirely possible that Bryson did indeed have a great camp....but we only see the preseason games.

We see NHL games too. And one of them was so much better than the other last year without the benefit of years of system practices it isn’t even funny.

Practice hero does nothing for me. He’s a trash player with no future. Trading for Stillman just to waive him is bad. Doing it to keep Bryson, and one assumes a third goalie who is also shit, is a disaster.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA

Being great in practice shouldn't equal "great camp".. Granato has earned my respect in his decision making but I am left scratching my head on this one...

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
At least when Bryson is out there getting turn styled and adding zero on offense this year we’ll know it came after some really great practices.

Maybe he had some dinners with Adams and talked hockey and life during the playoffs too. You know…the stuff that matters.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Bryson or Stillman, doesn't matter to me. Both are not good and as long as one goes to Rochester, and RyJo is the 1st call-up, is all that matters for now. Next camp RyJo will be in the starting six, and a 7th guy will have to be acquired.
Saying both are not good is like saying stubbing your toe and shooting your foot off are both bad.

Olofsson, Bryson, UPL, Comrie…

all still here.

Take a bow Kevyn. Will be the most work you’ve done all year.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Bryson or Stillman, doesn't matter to me. Both are not good and as long as one goes to Rochester, and RyJo is the 1st call-up, is all that matters for now. Next camp RyJo will be in the starting six, and a 7th guy will have to be acquired.
At least Stillman brought some semi toughness... not exactly sure what Bryson brings.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
At least Stillman brought some semi toughness... not exactly sure what Bryson brings.
Bryson doesn't bring much other than being decent at skating out a D-zone exit. Stillman doesn't bring much else than a decent hit, usually out of position. A pylon could be better than both in the O-zone. It's what we have...shrug. If Clifton plays about what I expect, and is a poor top-4 choice, that will be a much bigger let down than which #8 guy we had to keep as a #7.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Bryson brings a 1.8 million dollar salary they know will clear waivers and they’ll be stuck with either way. Stillman is both a better player and a cheaper player. They’ll hope he clears and they can get a little closer to the bottom in league payroll.

They can be the second cheapest team in the league when the roster is set. Chicago will be hard to catch. But I believe in them.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Bryson doesn't bring much other than being decent at skating out a D-zone exit. Stillman doesn't bring much else than a decent hit, usually out of position. A pylon could be better than both in the O-zone. It's what we have...shrug. If Clifton plays about what I expect, and is a poor top-4 choice, that will be a much bigger let down than which #8 guy we had to keep as a #7.
For sure.. if Clifton flops that will be a much bigger issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad