WJC: Roster Talk '13 — Canada V4.0 (Final Roster Named)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
they played the University of Alberta in the final camp game. Subban was absolutely terrible, and this is against guys with nowhere near the overall skill teams like the Russians and Americans will have. I'm really concerned about our goaltending situation.

Beucase they aren't Western Goaltenders.

We know the routine.

Gary83*

It's pretty great to see Wotherspoon make the team when alot of people were writing him off and arguing about Corrado/Dumba.

wishywashy19

Dec 14, 2011
It's pretty great to see Wotherspoon make the team when alot of people were writing him off and arguing about Corrado/Dumba.

Somebody on this board brought it my attention 2 weeks ago that he was underrated going into the camp. Congrats.
Dumba seemed to be the one that fell the most in expectations in my mind.All the reports of him not having a good season were correct and some exposed flaws that needed correcting. Dumba must have been a tough call because be was held in high regard by HC. He will be the leader next year for sure.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
So guys, just a quick question. Will TSN be streaming these games at all? Or will there be somewhere online to catch them?

I gave up cable earlier this year with plans of just getting center ice online, which hasn't come to be obviously, but this looks like it could end my chances of seeing any of these games.

Anyone know a good place I can catch them? Even if I have to pay?

Nov 1, 2011
Ryan Murphy making the team is a joke. He has shown terribly and has been a disaster.

Apparently he wasn't even the bubble guy so don't expect him to be #7.

Destroyer100

People got to stop saying this team is weak and how we only have like 3 players that are physical. The whole team is physical. Scheifle and Huberdeau both have bid bodys and use them well. Just because your not throwing huge hits it doesn't mean your not be physical you can be physical other then just throwing big hits and people dont realize that.Seperating players from the puck and being hard on the puck iis being physical you don't have to throw big hits to be considered physical.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
he should only play PP, he is a joke 5 on 5.

murphy = marc andre bergeron.

If Marc-Andre Bergeron had great hockey sense, great skating (Going fast in one direction isn't great skating, Bergeron has no agility), great vision, strong insticts.

I don't know about you but I don't think I'm describing Marc-Andre Bergeron with those traits.

People need to learn when they make an outlandish claim, either back it up or admit your "claim" isn't based on anything factual.

Destroyer100

Marc andre bergeron was not actually that bad of a d-man. He could move the puck well. he just didn't have a long career.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
Now will people stop knocking Drouin for being "bad defensively" just because he is a smaller forward and Bob McKenzie needed something to ramble on about. If Drouin was 6'2 200lb would people call him bad defensively. He has great anticipation and can strip players with ease (great at causing turnovers) just because bob McKenzie makes it the cool trendy thing to say doesn't make it correct. I've watched Drouin play 30+ times live. Yes he is smallish but no he is not a liability defensively.

Destroyer100

Now will people stop knocking Drouin for being "bad defensively" just because he is a smaller forward and Bob McKenzie needed something to ramble on about. If Drouin was 6'2 200lb would people call him bad defensively. He has great anticipation and can strip players with ease (great at causing turnovers) just because bob McKenzie makes it the cool trendy thing to say doesn't make it correct. I've watched Drouin play 30+ times live. Yes he is smallish but no he is not a liability defensively.

THIS :nod:

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Marc andre bergeron was not actually that bad of a d-man. He could move the puck well. he just didn't have a long career.

Because he was dumb as a stump. Only players that suceed with poor hockey sense are certain physical players who take few risks.

He's easily the best player in this tournament since Malkin 06 or even Crosby 05.

Tavares in 2009. I doubt even RNH can top that.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
The fact that Murphy runs Kitchener's PP and Spott is very familiar with him could lead to two things imo

1. Put Murphy with Hamilton
2. Put Murphy with any random Dman, and let him run the 2nd PP unit

In either case the PP should run through RNH and he should be out there for the full 2 minutes sometimes. The guy is an elite powerplay producer in the NHL. He should be able to pick apart teenagers killing penalties like it's nobody's business.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You truly believe Jenner will be on 4th line and 2 17 year olds on 2nd line?????
Wow and I bet you love this team???
Did mackinnon dominate at this years Ivan hlinka tournament except for that last game???[/QUOTE]

Yes he did. Excluding his 3 point game in the final, he had 8 points in 4 games. What more do you expect?

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Just putting this out there, but if MacKinnon stays back a year in junior. We already have our top 2 C for next year's WJHC ;P MacKinnon and Connor McDavid. YeYe!

Mackinnon I'm sure will be in the NHL next year. Not many building blocks to work with for next year based on who will be in the NHL (Rielly, Mackinnon, maybe Reinhart even).

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I mean even if Mackinnon is in the NHL (and I'd say he'll be ready) that is one heck of a top 6! Can't wait to see McDavid in this tournament..

Might have to wait an additional year. Very rare for 16 year olds to make this team let alone be impact players. Even Crosby wasn't a standout at 16.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
What a bunch of completely useless 20/20 hindsight ********. Gallagher and Howden are...grinders? Laughable, Lipon made junior as an undrafted walk on 1 year after he scored 3 goals in the Saskatchewan Midget League, he has grinder credentials that a guy like Howden can't even touch. To even mention Gallagher as a grinder would have been ridiculous before he made that team.

Gallagher and Howden are grinders on a Team Canada national team believe it or not - and very good ones. That's also not surprisingly how they project at the NHL level. Those two guys played arguably the toughest minutes of any other forward on the team last year, that's how I define grinder and it's not a shot at them by any means. I'm wondering who will be the Gallagher/Howden of this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad