WC: Roster Talk '12 — Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
I'm a little surprised but happy they are only rolling 6 D's and 12 F's. Can't wait to get it started.

And don't know if it was posted but seems like PP units will be
Alfredsson, Franzen, Zetterberg, Eriksson, Karlsson
Jarnkrok, Silfverberg, Landeskog, Kronwall, X

Last edited:

Mara

May 10, 2011
Swedish media is like the Swedish government, they make Sweden look bad.

Haha, I love it. I thought the "baby lions" last year was hilarious. And anyway, the confidence of the Swedish press this year is very understandable. On paper they should wipe the floor with Finland and compete with Canada for the gold.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Why not Steen I wonder...

Ekman-Larsson, Berglund, Bäckström and Lundqvist have represented Sweden in the last three years at either the World Championships or the Olympic Games.

Steen hasn't played in any international competition since the 2007 World Championships, and I don't know how much communication there has been between him and Sweden's management.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
1TH.jpg

:bow:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Haha, I love it. I thought the "baby lions" last year was hilarious. And anyway, the confidence of the Swedish press this year is very understandable. On paper they should wipe the floor with Finland and compete with Canada for the gold.

Finland always play with passion aka sisu. They always deliver 100% of what they have. Sweden rarely reach their full potential.

This scares me.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Swedish press doesn't have a journalistic "style" other than to attract as many readers/viewers as possible and that isn't usually accomplished by quality reporting but hype building and twisting the truth as far as possible by writing tensionious articles. Expressen and Aftonbladet get extremely nationalistic during sports tournaments and do everything to increase national interest by any means necessary, with themselves in the center of it all naturally.

Duncan Keith is a three star player *** according to Aftonbladets "Superguide inför Hockey-VM"

Staffan Kronwall got four stars ****

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Ahahahah, who really takes offense for that kind of front page?... I am Swedish but I have more Finnish friends than Swedish friends and they all laughed at this (as I did).

There's nothing I want more from the WC than having a FIN-SWE final (and winning of course :)), same as them. It's a best friend / worst rival situation which I think 99% of the people on both sides really enjoy. They do the same as we do and you can bet that they'll have smoking headlines if they will beat us this year.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Duncan Keith is a three star player *** according to Aftonbladets "Superguide inför Hockey-VM"

:laugh: good grief, and the call themself experts :laugh:

Apparently, you have to be an idiot to get a job as journalist these days.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg

Wennerholm :shakehead I still remember in 2005, when Lubomir Visnovsky was the best defenseman in the NHL according to that moron.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
:laugh: good grief, and the call themself experts :laugh:

Apparently, you have to be an idiot to get a job as journalist these days.

Wennerholm is more like the crazy town crier. People are curious of his messages. Not because they want to know how something really IS. They want to know how someone with a weird take on the world sees it.

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
Internationally, Sweden hasn't looked this good since early in the Palme adminstration..

Yes, but us Swedes know the truth (and Finns maybe even more so ;) ). The world view of Sweden is a fairy-tale.
Though I'd say the Assange affair didn't help us much with that and us secretly sending people to Guantanamo bay and freezing assets of Swedish individuals on the behest of the US government nobody talks about either.

KarlssonMarx

Be Red
Mar 1, 2012
Halifax
Yes, but us Swedes know the truth (and maybe Finns even more so ;) ). The world view of Sweden is a fairy-tale.
Though I'd say the Assange affair didn't help us much with that and us secretly sending people to Guantanamo bay and freezing assets of Swedish individuals on the behest of the US government nobody talks about either.

At least you don't have Harper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad