Roster Swap Game

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I'm bored. Let's play a game.

The idea is to take our current lineup and swap out our players for other players around the league that have relatively similar style of play, value and output expectations. Then see how the swapped team would compare to our current one at the end.

Someone will propose the swap, we can debate/discuss for a bit and once there's a relative agreement on the swap, move on to the next player. We're obviously not going to find perfect value for value swaps so try not to think of them as straight up trades, but just finding suitable comparables (even if the swap is negative value, hopefully there's other positive value swaps to even out over the entire team).

For example: Swap out Brandon Bollig on our 4th line LW/Pressbox for Luke Gazdic.

The lineup:

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Bennett - Backlund - Frolik
Bouma - Granlund - Jones
Bollig - Stajan - Colborne
Raymond - Jooris - Byron

Giordano - Brodie
Hamilton - Russell
Wideman - Engelland

Ramo
Hiller
Ortio

I hope we can give it a good run, but I can also see this disappearing onto page two by midnight, so here goes nothing!

Let's go from LW to RW starting with the top line. I'll start

Swap LW Johnny Gaudreau for LW Jaden Schwartz. Agree? Disagree? Other suggestions?

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think this is a bit of a better comparison for Monahan than Toews. I agree. Although I think Monahan has leadership qualities similar to Toews.

Hudler's a tough one to match in terms of his abilities. Jakub Silfverberg?

So basically we have a Kopitar, Toews hybrid, how awful :sarcasm:

I agree though, I think the Toews "Captain Serious" vibe is bang on.

For Hudler, what about Skinner or Oshie?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Brodie - Josi? I think I've heard Faulk too.

Raymond - Andre Burakovsky (Purely based on stats) or Tanner Glass based on usefulness? (Surprised Raymond has 23 points)

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Bennett for Hall, McDavid, Nuge and Yak.

You know, considering:
4th overall = 1st + 1st + 1st + 1st.

Easy math yo.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Aside from the fact that he's better than Wideman, I'd say a Franson/Wideman swap makes a fair bit of sense.

And ignoring size, Hedman might be a decent swap for Giordano.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad