Roster Speculation '17-'18: Someone, Somewhere, In Summertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Baptiste-Rodrigues-Bailey :vhappy:

Too much speed on one line for the Sabres! LOL

Next year for me is about who we delete, not who we add.

CJ Smith - Eichel - Oloffson/Svetch/Zadina
Mittelstadt - ROR- Reinhart
Baptiste - ERod - Bailey
Nylander - Malone - Girgs

Delete:
Nolan
Pommer
Okposo
Pouliot
Larrson
Joeffson

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Too much speed on one line for the Sabres! LOL

Next year for me is about who we delete, not who we add.

CJ Smith - Eichel - Oloffson/Svetch/Zadina
Mittelstadt - ROR- Reinhart
Baptiste - ERod - Bailey
Nylander - Malone - Girgs

Delete:
Nolan
Pommer
Okposo
Pouliot
Larrson
Joeffson
And an AHL level defense, because you've passed on drafting a defenseman yet again.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Phil just keeps on reaffirming how old school he is when it comes to lineup creation.

Makes me wonder what he and Botts talk about for beyond this stretch of games?

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
And an AHL level defense, because you've passed on drafting a defenseman yet again.

I never said we should take defenseman over Svetch or Zadina but they are a real possibility given
a #2 or #3 draft position. Trust me, I prefer that winger with Jack is Oloffson and do in fact draft a
defenseman. FWIW, I am thrilled we drafted Mittelstadt over any of the D available after #8 in 2017.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

This team is absolute garbage. You really think an elite forward isn't a huge need? Sabres need about 4 dmen long term legitimately (Risto,Guhle). Sabres need about 10 long term forwards . We have needs all over, enough of this draft D crap this has zero to do with Nylander, you take BPA every single time. When you are the worst franchise in the league going back half a decade, have little to build on you take BPA. Instead of drafting for defense how about we trade or sign for one? Or was only Murray given the benefit of the doubt every year.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Housley has the Buffalo News scribblers under some kind of spell, Vogl's latest story is about how FIERY a coach Housley is. :snide:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Why bother spending anytime seeing if these waiver eligible Rochester guys can play with Eichel before next season, when you've got studs like Pouliot and Pominville that need that ice time....

A 3rd straight season without spending anytime figuring out the future... ****

I have been told the whole season was about looking to the future.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
I never said we should take defenseman over Svetch or Zadina but they are a real possibility given
a #2 or #3 draft position. Trust me, I prefer that winger with Jack is Oloffson and do in fact draft a
defenseman. FWIW, I am thrilled we drafted Mittelstadt over any of the D available after #8 in 2017.
Sooner or later you have to draft for need and you can't keep using the best rebuilding asset you have (high 1st rounder) on Wingers. It's very rare that top pairing defenseman become available either through trade or FA. 95% of the time you have to draft and develop them. Hughes, Boqvist, Bouchard are all in the conversation at 2nd or 3rd overall and fill a much bigger need for this team. Do your HW and get the right one. I'm glad Mittlestadt has looked good to this point because admittedly I didn't like the pick. I wanted one of Liljegren or Brannstrom.
This team is absolute garbage. You really think an elite forward isn't a huge need? Sabres need about 4 dmen long term legitimately (Risto,Guhle). Sabres need about 10 long term forwards . We have needs all over, enough of this draft D crap this has zero to do with Nylander, you take BPA every single time. When you are the worst franchise in the league going back half a decade, have little to build on you take BPA. Instead of drafting for defense how about we trade or sign for one? Or was only Murray given the benefit of the doubt every year.
Not anywhere near our need on the back-end. This teams blueline is complete garbage. They have two guys who are legitimate top 4 defenders and have next to nothing in the system behind them. I'm not ready to pile on Guhle because he's still a kid, but he's looked pretty overwhelmed in his short stint here and he's just about all we've got coming for help on the blueline. They've all but ignored defense in the draft for several years now. What defenseman are you trading for or signing? These guys rarely become available. You know what's relatively easy to find? Wingers.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Why bother spending anytime seeing if these waiver eligible Rochester guys can play with Eichel before next season, when you've got studs like Pouliot and Pominville that need that ice time....

A 3rd straight season without spending anytime figuring out the future... ****

Same reason why we don't even give Sam a few games at center, now that he's on fire.

This is a team who's management is always preaching that we need to take the longview, yet coaches aren't thinking beyond the next game. Say what you will about the Darcy/Lindy era, but it always felt like they were on the same page. I haven't had that feeling since Pegula arrived.

Last edited:

sincerity0

Dec 23, 2016
Same reason why we don't even give Sam a few games at center, now that he's on fire.

This is a team who's management is always preaching that we need to take the longview, yet coaches aren't thinking beyond the next game. Say what you will about the Darcy/Lindy era, but it always felt like they were on the same page. I haven't had that feeling since Pegula arrived.

Gotta be able to say “we ended the last ten games or so on an 85pt pace, pretty good compared to how we started the year. It’s good to see the guys fight through all the injuries. Hopefully we can carry the momentum into next season” - Lously

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Now what are the direct ties to the Sabres organization or members of the Sabres ownership?
Joel Quenneville Blackhawks Head Coach
Ulf Samuelsson Blackhawks Assistant Coach
Ulf Samuelsson former Pittsburgh Penguin
...close enough

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
It took over three full seasons for Ruff to realize Vanek/Pominville was his best line.

Let’s chill with the “cohesion” talk.

Do I really need to explain that two people don't have to be good at their jobs to be on the same page?

You shoehorn this exact same jab into any conversation that mentions Lindy, even if the post had nothing to do with Lindy's line usage. People have forgiven murders in less time than you can forgive line usage. Are you going to emblazon it on your tombstone?

Get over it man, it was a decade ago.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
I like my dream where the Leafs push Lou out at the end of the season, he comes here to spite them and hires Q after the Hawks turf him. Aw, one can dream

My dream is Lou walks away from Toronto or gets moved out, and he brings along Keefe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad